Jambands.ca

Where for mellow live music a Saturday in Ottawa?

Cosmic ChrisC

My sister was asking me where she could go listen to live music on a Saturday night...a place where she can sit and talk, while listening to live jazz or blues, preferably in the Byward market. I don't think there's anywhere like that in Ottawa! Most live music venues seem to be for a younger crowd, with mostly rock music and no place to sit. My sister never goes out and she lives in Gatineau so she doesn't know much about the Ottawa night life. She's free this weekend and wants to take advantage of it. And no, she wouldn't like Dekcuf.

What, does she have a problem with Wookies or sumphin?

I don't think she knows about wookies. She's very innocent. She doesn't drink much at all, and well basically, I don't want her to see how we party. ha! I think it would either scare her, or she'd want to join in full force to make up for all the lost years of no partying. ::

I hear there is some jazz place in Hull.

I'd love to hear what it's like. Send her here...

http://ottawa-blues-jazz.ncf.ca/ptitchicago.html

Oh yeah...that might be just the place. Cool. Thanks. She just started taking guitar lessons and now wants to go see live guitarists. She never goes out to see bands, so she has to start out slowly, with jazz or something.

I don't want her to see how we party. ha! I think it would either scare her, or she'd want to join in full force to make up for all the lost years of no partying. ::

What, you don't want to expose her to stuff like this?

apg.jpg

I can't understand why... :: :: ::