Jambands.ca

Slip fans---->

Del

Surprise Me Mr. Davis is touring again this year! The only date I know of is Sat. 2005-04-02, at Higher Ground in Burlington, VT... Anyone want to hit this show? The Surprise Me Mr. Davis tour from last year was unbelievable... I assume this one will be just as good. For those that don't know SMMD is made up of The Slip and Nathan Moore. Leslie Helpert might be there as well. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 at the door. Doors open at 8pm, show starts at 9pm...

I want in. Add in a date of minor significance here in BradLand right around that time, and it should be a blastular weekend.

I do, however, need a ride. I'm willing to split a rental car (or even go 2/3 of the fee, if there's only two of us). As to "roomzzzz", Vermontdave mentioned a pretty cheap place (like, US$33/night) very close to the venue, but I don't have more details than that.

http://www.highergroundmusic.com

http://www.highergroundmusic.com/calendar/?show=149

Aloha,

Brad

from The Slips website...

Drink a Heineken

Finally the beer companies are paying us. Thanks to a friend who caught this on his radar, we entered "Children of December" into The 2004 Heineken USA / ASCAP Foundation Grant for Best Pop/Rock Song in Boston......and WON!

Other contests we entered and lost were The 2004 Miss America Theme Song Grant for Best Inspirational Song ("Wolof"), The 2004 Friends of Baby Tigers Grant for Best Rock Ballad ("Camp Shuey"), and The 2004 Monster Trucks of Malasia Foundation Grant for Best Overall Artistic Contribution by a Human Being or a Group of Human Beings Ever Award ("Hey Worrier").

I totally want in on this one...

There's a SMALL chance I'll have to be in Japan, but otherwise I'm totally up for this. Do you think it'll sell out? I"m willing to pay for a ticket and eat the price if I can't make it, if you think it'll sell out.

**Edit to say that I'll probably also have the accomodation setup in montreal taken care of by then, so crash-space would be available there for those who want to get 1/2 way home**

hey brother... dont mean to burst ur bubble but i thinks these folks been payin them for some time... i remember reading about that in the fall early winter...

i guess you are referring to my post

but i have no bubble and i told you last time i saw you that i rarely come to this site anymore, so....pppffffffft (that was me farting in your direction) ::