Jambands.ca

Hey Booche!!!

badams

This is a double-edged sword.

The ReighD'uhs are getting one of the top 3 receivers in the game whose numbers should stay with the top receivers in the league, benefitting from the fact that Jerry Porter is on the other side of the field. Their downfield arial attack is going to be fun to watch.

On the other hand, uuuuuuugh. I will be the first one to complain when he makes headlines for some bone-head behaviour. I think they gave up too much to get him. 7th pick over-all AND Napoleon Harris? Yuck. Rumours have it that Charles Woodson is on his way out of town via a trade (possibly to Cleveland, getting the first round pick back) so that should give them some much needed cap space to help the defensive side of the game. Still, uuuuugh.

What the hell is Del talking about? Half the receiver he once was?????? Seriously, someone shut that whiney bastard up.

Here is Rome's take on the trade.

Trading Randy Moss is a risk as moving Hall of Famers always is, but Moss had to go. His act was tired. His teammates were sick of him. Of course he makes plays that no one else can make but he was a pain in the ass and the negatives now outweigh the positives. He wasn’t worth the trouble. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, regardless of what it did to the team.

Moss refused to listen to anyone, not Dennis Green…not Cris Carter…not Mike Tice. He’s not about team, he’s about himself. This is a guy who once told a reporter, I play when I want to play. He's a guy who quit on his teammates at the end of the Washington game, a guy who consistently embarrassed himself and the organization. When push came to shove…he wasn't worth it. Minnesota did the right thing.

As for the Raiders, not to sound paradoxical, but they did the right thing…this is a win; win. Minnesota had to move him, but it’s a good gamble for the Raiders.

Credit to the Good Humor Man, when you think the old guy is senile and circling the drain, he steps up and takes a big swing. Now you’ve got Jerry Porter locked up, Moss in on the other side, and they have Kerry Collins who can throw a good deep ball. In other words, we’re going vuuuuhtical, baby. This doesn’t make the Raiders a Super Bowl threat, unless the Patriots want to give Corey Dillon back to Oakland, they still need a go to running back.

Norv Turner won’t have a prayer in dealing with Moss, but this is a helluva deal for the Raiders.