Jambands.ca

Canada's Oscar-Nominated Animation

bradm

If you get a chance (a long chance; it's about 15 minutes long, not including loading time, which'll vary depending on your connection speed), go here and watch "Ryan". It's mind-bending to watch, but is still firmly rooted in human experience (with the mind-bending stuff actually adding to the human experience).

Aloha,

Brad

umm... this is sorta relevant, sorta not relevant... and i dont have a link handy... but this is bradm's thread, so im sure it'll show up eventually.. ;)

but, earlier i checked out the sundance film festival free online site, and you have to sign up with an email address and name, but its worth it... if you go to the short films for viewing, and i think animation, then 'america's biggest dick' or something like that, its a short film, using footage of dick cheney at the republic convention, but overdubbed with dialogue from scarface... it's hilarious, it fits so well, even with the body language... unbelievable.

anyways, whaddaya think of that Big Dick Cheney?

• 2 weeks later...
If you get a chance (a long chance; it's about 15 minutes long, not including loading time, which'll vary depending on your connection speed), go here and watch "Ryan". It's mind-bending to watch, but is still firmly rooted in human experience (with the mind-bending stuff actually adding to the human experience).

Aloha,

Brad

Brad, when you posted this, "Ryan" was available from the NFB web site for viewing? Right now, seems we can only view a clip, or buy it.

Yeah, you're right. I originally got to the full-length version, which was available through the NFB site, through an article at Salon.com, and it didn't indicate it was a limited-time offer. My apologies for anyone who came to this topic late.

Aloha,

Brad