Jambands.ca

Movie: The Corporation on Knowledge Network

StoneMtn

I just re-watched this movie on the Knowledge Network. I saw it last in the theatre and I am now reminded how well done it is.

If you liked Farenheit 9/11 or Supersize Me you should see this movie.

corporation.pstr.7.jpg

SYNOPSIS

THE CORPORATION explores the nature and spectacular rise of the dominant institution of our time. Footage from pop culture, advertising, TV news, and corporate propaganda, illuminates the corporation's grip on our lives. Taking its legal status as a "person" to its logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?" Provoking, witty, sweepingly informative, The Corporation includes forty interviews with corporate insiders and critics - including Milton Friedman, Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies for change.

the book is a good option if you can't watch the movie. actually the book is a good option if you can watch the movie. it's in paperback now and is $19 (plus gst) it's way better than michael moore's style. it's much more academic instead of sensationalized.

Right on StoneMtn! This sure is a great (and informative) doc. The female narrator's voice is akin to taking some sleeping pills, but as long as you're alert when you put it on, you'll make it to the end. :P

Noam Chomsky....oh Noam! Now there's a cat I'd like to go bowling with.