Jambands.ca

Anyone know anything about Rogers cell phones?

greasyfizeek

Thinking of changing from Telus to Rogers. Sick of Telus' sh!t. I'm looking into the Digital 1 400 rate (400 anytime minutes - but does that mean evening/weekend are included in that? or the 350 UNlimited weekend/evening plan. anyone have these? worth it? i onyl have a cell, so i use a lot of minutes. thanks for the input.

greasy

i know they lost my payment even though they gave me a confirmation number which i quoted back to them thousands of times and they ended up billing me again plus interest and then while this was being contested they shut off my service and charged me for doing that and all in all my forty dollar phone bill turned in to three hundred fifty (plus the forty i already payed) and a collection service calling me all the time. but hey, at least i got out of my sh!tty two year contract once i paid it all off.(i never did find out what happend with that original payment, it was a money order which you can trace and it was cashed so i couldn't cancel it) i am on a lifetime boycott of rogers. if you want to buy something they're great, but heaven forbid you have a need for customer service. it's impossible to get anything done through that company.

as much as i HATE bell i'd go with them. they have a really good plan, they will most likely be offering an anytime anywhere unlimited plan like what they offer in the states. which means as many calls as you want to anywhere in canada for 1 low montly fee.

or since you're in van/TO see if you can get a city fido plan. $45 unlimited local calls anytime.

My company uses rogers. they're Customer Service staff is a joke, and it doesnt matter if you've been with them 20 years and paid them a million dollars they will not cut you any slack, ever, and they won't be offering a completely unlimited plan until someone else does first.

Rogers gives me the same BS that telus used to...

One thing to note is that in my old condo, (front street and jarvis), I didn't get any signal on my Rogers phone, but got full bars on my telus phone, it wasn't the phone it was the provider.

Now i've got a newer GSM rogers phone which seems to do the trick fairly well.