Jambands.ca

Grilled Cheese Invitational

GWB

I'm moving away from grilling (hey, let's be real hear: most people don't make grilled cheese sandwiches, they make fried cheese sandwiches; for it to be a truly grilled sandwich, you have to cook it on a grill) the sandwich, in favour of just sticking it into the toaster oven (on a tray), fully formed, with no oil/butter/margarine on it. My sandwiches tend to be a bit bigger than most (for example, tonight I'm planning on using deli roast beef, fontina cheese, sliced onions, and sliced plum tomato), so flipping them in the fry pan gets tenuous, at best. I just may open a beer to go along with it...

Aloha,

Brad

for it to be a truly grilled sandwich, you have to cook it on a grill

Actually, I think as long as the pan your using has grooves in it to make "grill" marks, then I think it can be labeled a grill (esp in the U.S.A.)

Lodge Logic Cast Iron 11.25" Round Grill Pan

l9tb3.jpg

if it's totally flat (i.e. pancake pan) then it's a griddle. I tend to go for griddle-cheese myself as here in Canada, a grill is for fire!!!

Check out the intricate weave of plastic cheeese...

PICT0071.sized.jpg

Such delicate butter application!!!

Perhaps we should consider a local event? The Griddled-Cheese Incident?

If it was soy it wasn't cheese damn it. How dare you insult the noble cheese.

Agreed... Not that cheese slices are real cheese either, but to do a grilled cheese proper, you should use real cheese anyways... (Maybe you should call it a "grilled soy sandwich" bokonon?)