Jambands.ca

Let the SUN shine in!!!!!!!!!

SweetMaRiE

To everyone we know.......

WE MISS YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This last weekend, we went to a music festival up in the mountains where we heard some freakin' kick-ass-tight and definately righteously narly (to use california lingo..heehee)...california bands..... Zilla, Blue Turtle Seduction, Delta Nove, Chingus.....just to name a few. We're definately getting to know new cool local music...

There's just only one problem...

All of you cool canadian cats weren't there.

It is exciting to check out the scene here but we definately miss being a part of a crowd that we know so well!!!

To our friends.....we know that we owe you all phone calls.......and we promise you will hear from us soon!!

Here are a few pics to show you what we've been up to ....keepin' the Canadian spirit alive here on the west coast!!!!!!

We miss you all......feel free to call (1530-892-1252) and visit anytime~!!!!!

featherfalls46qt.jpg

(Camping at Feather Falls on top of a mountain.....the Freakin' tiny tent we both slept in....Time to upsize..we think..heehee)

ocean18ui.jpg

Chillin' by the ocean.....nice eh?

angelaordonna9pi.jpg

meet my new favorite dress-up character...

Angela Bower. i jsut cant' get enough of lady-like, silk, business- cas, midnihgt black jumpsuits with big gold buttons and feathered blond hair!

girlienight14yr.jpg

Me...Just chillin.....ya know....after a long nights work...heehee.

dec23upperpark6tr.jpg

Atop Chico Canyon.....10 mins from our house!!

sillygirls3zp.jpg

zandamyswedding9tx.jpg

WE MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Marie and Simone

aka Earthprincess and Vixon..heehee.

xoxo

WE MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh god, i just got my high sierra festival tickets in the mail today!...sooo stoked. it even included a CD with a few of the bands that'll be playing there...pretty cool.cannot wait, as all i've heard is great things about this festival...can't wait to see Keller and some of the bands that we saw this past weekend ( esp. Delta Nova)- they remind me a lot of Antibalas. where is this crazy laguna beach you speek so highly of?? i can't wait to travel more of this West coast!

always fun to get hear what and how others are doing elsewhere... am glad to hear you guys are still havin lots of fun and doing cool stuff (camping in the mountains looks awesome, but you are correct in that you need a bigger tent... ha!)

thanks for the pics and catch up info

cheers!

You ladies have got to get yourselves to Big Sur...by far my favourite place in the world. In all of the Top-10-Things-To-Do-Before-You-Die kind of books the hwy 1 coastal drive (see pic above) is near the top of the list. You can check out Monterey Bay, Pebble Beach, Carmel, etc. all on your way. There are some great campgrounds in Big Sur (Fernwood is the best...restaurant & bar at top of the hill is hoppin' on weekends...crazy locals abound and live, albeit sub par, music...just be careful of the stairs back down after some "window shots"). Also Andrew Molera State Park, Nepenthe's restaurant and Henry Miller's house are worth the drive. Don't bother with the hotels, etc. They are over priced and a little too new agey for my liking.

If you're feeling adventurous there's a forestry service road you can take just past Ventana Mountain at the south end of Big Sur. The road is scary, but you will have the wilderness all to yourselves. The 1st plateau is the best and overlooks the Pacific. Nothing else up there but a little stream. PM me if you need any more info. I used to live there and that forestry service post is the last place I was before moving. I promise you will never want to leave. Love every minute of it girls. For some reason it's a place that seems to take years to get back to. :(