Jambands.ca

Greatest Jim Rome Video Moment

Jaimoe

ahhh...I found this explanation of the big pissup

In April 1994, former Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jim Everett appeared as a guest on ESPN2's "Talk2." Everett was not amused when the program's host, Jim Rome, introduced him as "Chris Everett" (after the female tennis player Chris Evert). "You've been calling me that for about the last five years," he complained. "Two years, actually, Chris," Rome replied. "You may have even been Jim Everett back there, but somewhere along the way, you ceased being Jim and became Chris." "If you call me Chris Everett to my face one more time," Everett warned him, "we better take a station break..."

When Rome remained defiant, Everett told him, "I think that you probably won't say it again." "I bet I do," Rome replied, pausing briefly before adding the word "Chris!" Everett's response? He flipped over the table between them, grabbed Rome, punched him in the head, and threw him to the floor.

Jim Rome is a joke. the guy doesnt deserve his own show. the only guests he can get on the panel for his show are either Roger Lodge or and ESPN writer probably forced to be there.

Make joke then repeat the joke over and over.

Do you mean " guest hosts "? He has at least 4 guest hosts, one new one is Jay Mohr.

I always get a laugh or ten from most Rome shows.

I don't love his interviews with athletes much, but I rarely like athlete interviews, except the Jim/Chris Everett one.

Yeah I know he has more guests sometimes but for the last two weeks it seems Roger is the main guy and though it seems he knows sports and all Rome should be able to get someone better, he does work for ESPN and all. its like they share the same soundstage and Rome puts him on tv cause hes the only one around.

I find with Rome its recycled jokes over and over without actually making a good point.

PTI blows Rome out of the water.

'Pardon the Interruption' Its on right after Rome on TSN.

Kornheiser(one of the hosts) even gives shout outs to my homies from Prince Edward Island. good fella that tony.

better debate about the issues and i find the banter between wilbon and kornheiser more funny than anything Rome does.