Jambands.ca

A Great Mark Knopfler Show for a rainy day...

Cully

I know that there have been a couple of posts about Mark Knopfler already, but I am so excited about the show this summer that I thought I would help people find a great show of his (live in 91'). Go to www.glidemagazine.com and check out the download section (they also have a lot of other great shows like Radiohead and Beastie Boys up for grabs!) Enjoy.

If the Molson Amphitheatre gig exceeds my expectations (which are high after seeing Knopfler in 2001 at Massey Hall) and the cash flow is good I might see him in London as well.

I was at the Massey Hall show too and it's pretty impossible for me to imagine that a show at the Ampitheatre could compete. I'm afraid that if i go I will be dreadfully disappointed.

I was just wondering about the statement, after seeing the 91' show, I don't know how this summers show can compete....this is puzzling to me!!! I don't understand it...if everyone thought like that nobody would have gone to see a dead show after the 70s or nobody would have gone to see phish after 98' because those shows could not compete with the shows from the past (the best shows/years of each band)...do people agree?!?Does this make sense, sorry I am a little sketchy today....

Edited by Guest

no.... I am asking if people stop going to shows, just because they think the best years for the band are over....don't we go to shows to celebrate the music, even if it may not be as tight, funky or sweet as in years gone by????

no.... I am asking if people stop going to shows, just because they think the best years for the band are over....don't we go to shows to celebrate the music, even if it may not be as tight, funky or sweet as in years gone by????

I go to shows to hear good music. If a band starts sucking, I stop seeing them... Why would I pay money to see something bad? I don't rely on other's opinions as to whether or not a band has hit their peak, if I dig what's being played that's good enough for me... But I can't say I would continue checking out a band that has disappointed me numerous times in the past...

if anyone doesn't have that 94 Phish show from Red Rocks thats available in Glide Magazine's Download Archives, get it (even in mp3, until you can upgrade your recording)

been my favorite live Phish show to listen to for years now

Edited by Guest
:p