Jambands.ca

So how is everyone doing?

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Hey Skanks!

How's everybody doing? I've done a pretty shitty job keeping in touch with everyone since I left in February, so I figured I'd drop a line on the board itself to give sign of life.

So I've been here in the UK for four months now, living with my girlfriend in Brighton. Some dramatic lifestyle changes have been made, including a zero-alcohol, zero-smokes, and healthy eating habits. I haven't been to any shows (save for TSOOL back in February), and seeing the list of shows lined up for the summer in Ottawa makes me green with envy. Not much planned on my side other than Television in London (thanks Jaimoe) and Kings of Leon in Brighton. I was thinking of going to the Isle of Wight festival, but the line-up is boring.

I work as a project manager for a visual display solutions company called SEOS, which essentially means that we deliver complex projection systems for companies with lots of money ( i.e. planetariums, air force).

My main clients are in the oil and gas industry, and they use our equipment to study data for future oil digs. SEOS also delivers equipment for flight training simulators for the air force (UK, US, Cdn, Aus, etc...)

It's definitely an interesting company to be involved with, but will also provide a major challenge for me.

I'm looking at potential visits to Saudi Arabia, Australia, Dubai, and Texas... Hopefully you won't be seeing me in the evening news.

My long term plan is to try and relocate to the Orlando or Montreal branch. That's probably in four years time.

So what's up with y'all? Did Booche cut his hair? Is 'The Place We Cannot Mention' still the happening hub of all post-show debauchery? Y'all stoked for Star Wars or what?

Low Roller! Wow, sounds like a pretty cool job. I bet you're excited to do all that travelling. Be careful and have fun.

Sounds like you've become a bit of a square my friend. ;) Don't forget to have fun.

Jordan cut his hair. He's still smokin' hot though.

Other than that not much to report. We're most excited for CTMF next weekend (wow!) and Sisters Euclid coming June 10th. Bluesfest looks awsome as well.

You're missed. Stay well.

"Y'all stoked for Star Wars or what?"

After this, I will no longer have the high anticipation levels that I am currently feeling, unless something new comes along to blow me away. All my loves are almost gone.

"Sounds like you've become a bit of a square my friend."

Did you ever meet him?

Edited by Guest

I'm doing pretty well (despite fighting a cold), all things considered. A lot of good shows recently, a lot more to come, and I've been rehearsing with a band (which includes thatpatguy) on a semi-regular basis. Work continues at a decent pace (without a lot of pressure), and my home life continues on as usual.

In fact, things have been darned good since you left. Thanks for going! ;)

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller
Sounds like you've become a bit of a square my friend. ;) Don't forget to have fun.

I don't need fun to have a good time. ;)

Seriously though, I've been so busy trying to set myself up here and so careful with my spending habits (£1 = $2.33), that I haven't really had time to lead the life I did previously in Ottawa. On the other hand I'm in the best physical shape I've been in since 2001, before I hurt my back.

I have a ton of projects on the go which should really build up my assets and experience which take up most of my time. Realistically I'm more in a 'work hard today, play hard tomorrow' kind of mindset right now.

Booche don't know Didley.

Hey Skanks!

Not much planned on my side other than Television in London (thanks Jaimoe) and Kings of Leon in Brighton. I was thinking of going to the Isle of Wight festival, but the line-up is boring.

I'd give my first born to see Television. Since the early 90's they only perform a few shows a year, but all the recent reviews I've read are stellar. The most underappreciated and unrecognized jamband in rock history.

I've cooled hard on Kings Of Leon. Roller, get ready for their set to end after 60 minutes. They ain't a jamming band... at all - even though they have been embraced by that scene. Of course being a non-jamband is great, however they are really young and are still learning the touring ropes.

Guest Low Roller

Unfortunately we don't have any working units at the office, but once I start going on site I'll have plenty of opportunties. Here's what my current project will look like once it's done.

enl02.jpg

Personally I can't wait to get involved in the simulator projects...

enl01.jpg

enl03.jpg

Guest Low Roller

That's weird... Never heard of that error. Read the FAQ to see what the problem can be.

It's weird that you have problems with connections Megs, because my transatlantic calls are pretty smooth. Occasionally there is an echo, but still doesn't effect the call.