Jambands.ca

CTMF..what're you contributing/offering?

Calamity Jane

Deb, I would love to have you as my neighbour at...

Miss Mae's Daiquiri Stand :P

Open sometime Saturday afternoon. I'll be blending up my Mom's famous banana daiquiris that she got the secret recipe for in Jamaica! They are so delicious. She wants you all to drink a lot of rum and have a good time (yes, she really said that...gotta love Berta). There will also be some "fun guys" available. ;)

A portion of all proceeds from the drink stand will go towards getting KK a new minidisc thing-a-ma-gig because I won't be able to rock it with y'all & Diesel Dog on the 28th. :( So stop on by for some blendy goodness!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Idea Deb!

Depending how intoxicated I am I could offer some reflexology, however, I wouldn't get through to many people as a session could take up to an hour!

Hey LMP, did you know some woman are starting to use reflexology to help induce labour and using it to help put them into a relaxation mode instead of drugs? Just food for thought for the mother's to be!

oh wow, what a great thread idea, deb!

and GAD, will i ever take you up on that pedicure! just yesterday i was bemoaning the fact i have so much to do before the festival i probably won't have time to give myself one. so thank you sooo much, definitely sign me up, and i will tip generously! ;)

SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my fricken gosh, if you are ever sober enough and in the mood to, i will TOTALLY take you up on reflexology. i'm offering $20 right now for a session if you want to reserve one for me (unless that is an embarrassingly low amount, in which case, let me know what is a more acceptable offer. i know nothing of this reflexology stuff. :) )

mmmmmmmmm, kaidy mae you can sign me on up for some of those frosty drinks too! YUM YUM!

gad! what a great, princessified afternoon! sipping frosty drinks while i get my tootsies decorated, and then head on over for some reflexology on my newly pampered pied(s)! (reflexology is all in the feet, right?)

what a great idea!

oh, as for what i can offer, hmmmm..... well, for one thing, i can support everyone who is offering other stuff by purchasing their products or services (or tipping if they're doing it for free!), and i am also bringing badminton (with extra racquets!), cards (i will play with anyone, especially euchre, 10's and wild rummy), and i can also give anyone who is interested a ballet lesson, in exchange for a donation to the backbacon disaster relief fund.

so if you want ballet, and you've never met me before i will be easy to find -- i'll be the one running around in a tiara and tutu. no joke.

heehee

babsy & mrs. mudcock, if you're reading this, look out, may 2-4, 2005 marks the first annual unveiling of the treshing festival!!! ;)

oh my good fricken lawd, tomorrow it begins. :D

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...

I'm bringing a 16mm film projector and a duffel bag of NFB movies. There'll be random and inappropriately timed movies being played throughout the weekend.

The list of films currently being dug out (no guarantees that they all show up)...

The Snit

The Devil's Toy

Mother Earth

Black Fly

Accident

"E"

Track Stars

The Goldfish

Bate's Car: Sweet as a Nut

The Best Damn Fiddler from Calabogie to Kaladar

Caninabis

Future Block

Garden

George and Rosemary

The Hecklers

Hot Stuff

The House that Jack Built

Ladies and Gentlemen... Mr. Leonard Cohen

The Mighty Steam Caliope

One Man's Garden

The Sweater

I had to request the Sweater given all the trash talk going on for the CTMF Ball Hockey game :-)

Shameless self promoting, but the promise of good vibes at a later date invites to a "what the thunder said" gig of your choice.

I hope to have some CDs of some tracks from our last show to give away. They sound groovy and will be easy on the ears. I think I be saving them for the Skanc picture gathering to hand out!

Free music is something right? How many do you think would be a good idea?

They'll just be a quick 5-song demo type thing for skancs only and I obviously couldn't afford to give 100s away, but if people have friends that they can share with they are allowed to be burned I think me and the boys can afford 20-30 freebees.

Giddy.

Deeps

sunshine, it is *SO* on.

:D

and i thought of something else to do as well. in addition to ballet lessons, keeping in the spirit of frosty drinks, i will also be setting up shop alongside kaidy mae to sell polar bear shooters at $2 a pop (provided this is okay with her, of course! :) ). proceeds of course to go to the backbacon disaster relief fund. mmmmmm, this gives me a perfect excuse to snatch up that crème de cacao i was eyeing in the liquor store the other day.... heh heh

I'm bringing a 16mm film projector and a duffel bag of NFB movies.

:o Oh my word! If you can round up some trippy Norman McLaren vids I would be forever grateful. Mosaic perhaps? GREAT idea!!!

i will also be setting up shop alongside kaidy mae to sell polar bear shooters at $2 a pop

Ooooh, this sounds tasty! Of course you can set up shot alongside the wonderful Deb and I. I'd love to have ya as a neighbour. We'll have our own chicky shakedown. ;)

oh boy...i am all about the euchre!!!!!! It is always so hard (for me anyways) to find 4 people to play. There always ends up being me and 2 others and never a 4th. When and where will this euchre be? I will only be up for sunday/monday...oh boy, i am so excited! I always have cards with me in my car for those 'just in case there are enough people to play euchre' moments. We will be bringing up our aerobie too, so if ya see us playing, feel free to join in! (for those that don't know, and aerobie is like a frisbee, but faaaaaaaaaaar superior in it's flying abilities)

oh and by the way....no more chilli folks...it just isn't going to pan out this time around...hopefully it will for labour day weekend (no Canada Day cuz tooly and I will be in BC!!!)

Hey Kaidy Mae,

Unfortunately, I can't get any more requests in at this time. The archivist needs time to go and find it all and they've been working on my list since 10am.

I will remember next time to ask for requests. They do have Mosaic, but I'm just a bit late putting in my requests.

When and where will this euchre be?

When? Well, as long as at least 4 people can focus on their cards I don't see any reason why we would need to stop. :P

Where? Why at the blender tent, of course. I'm even bringing these babies along...

1565849094.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

TomFoolery, sorry for being so demanding. :blush: I just love McLaren. He's one of the greatest minds to ever be supported by the NFB. Thanks for rounding up so many other greats. I look forward to your screenings. Wow! This is shaping up to be a baby Bonnaroo!

Braids and foot messages are my offering... oh, and maybe the coffee thing.

foot messages?

I have always wondered what my feet were trying to say to me....

so this "shakedown street" is starting to shape up.

Come have yer feet washed and pampered by me,

have Sunshine work on restoring energy flow,

and end up with Kevin channeling your feet's inner desires....all while sipping frosty drinks and watching PP demonstrate "pointe" and "pli-ay" (sp?)

Oh and Tomfoolery -- so glad to hear your news (I'd heard rumour of it awhile back and am psyched it's gonna happen!) what trippy fun! please, please ensure you bring "E" (The movie) -- truly one of my faves

count me in! :)

i'll bring a big ol pot of vegan chili, some tasty baked goods, and maybe more of those egg rolls ... they went over really well last year. oh, and herbal refreshments of course ;)

[color:purple]mmmmmmmmmunchies by mmmmmmmooooooose

yay ctmf! i'll be rollin in sometime saturday...

i'm down for some disc golf action around izzy's too... i'll bring some extra discs :)

willing to share a ride from TO too if anyone needs... got room for one or two more depending on gear