Jambands.ca

blasts from the past

bouche

While looking through my CD archives for some photos, I started to come across some old fun times that I think I need to attempt to share and hopefully read any memories related to these images. I'll post 'em as I find them, and I hope other people can dig some fun times up as well.

Try and go as far back as you can. I've only got digital photos from the last 5 years-ish, but I do have some slides I've been considering about scanning.

(If you have some and you don't have a place to put them, email me bouche@jambands.ca. Also, no posting any stupid stuff. This thread is all about reminiscence.)

Here's one...

Babylon 9-30-2001

bnb_09_30_2001.jpg

i remember the London show of that tour being one of the events that made me keep coming back to the Burt Neilson band and the rest of the scene...but alas, i'd just moved away after meeting you crazy ottawa characters in the spring. I have memories of that time in my life being the beginnings of a sort of seasonal displacement...i go somewhere for awhile then go somewhere else...the one thing that has remained a constant has been knowing people here and there that have made me feel as though I'm always at home.

i will add that the frankenstein at the show I was at was truly a monster. i'm sure it was likely unleashed on you too.

This is for all you blues fans. Alvin Youngblood Hart and me from a few years back - I believe it was 2002 at The Silver Dollar Saloon in Toronto.

I asked Alvin what it was like opening for Phish. He said it was great, but he never met any of the band. I found that strange, but then again Phish are a fucked-up bunch:

dave02.jpg