Jambands.ca

Who else got a swift kick to the face this morning??

rubberdinghy

I've had it with that damn broad mother nature...

Since I wasn't able to go to CTMF, I was hoping for a nice relaxing weekend, beer flowing, sun shining, sitting outside BBQ'ing...but what do us Ottawa folk get?? NOTHING BUT RAIN!!! MAN ALIVE!!! and then to rub salt in the wound, I wake up this morning to that silly woman shining sun in my face!!! What a horrendous way to say FAH Q!

Anyways we made the most of it...still was able to BBQ, get wasted and go see Popo and Alpha Yaya Diallo, which was pretty fun...they know how to party in the mist!

So that was my swift kick to the face, and man, it still hurts!!!

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I, too, wasn't able to go to CTMF, but I resigned myself to staying in, chilling out, and resting up*, so the huge practical joke of a rainy long weekend followed by a sunny back-to-work day didn't really get to me all that much.

Aloha,

Brad

* And it helped: Sunday was Significantly Better Day for me, and I'm definitely near the end of the mend.

Kaidy Mae it was GREAT TO MEET YOU!

You too Sunshine!!! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you. :( We'll have to get you to London to party sometime...or get Scottie to Ottawa. I'd be so nice to have you two in the same room. Good, good folks. ;) I may see you next weekend sister!

We had planned to spend the weekend painting our bedroom. I spent the majority of Saturday rebuilding a piece of drywall that looked to have some (old?) water damage. Sunday morning we woke up to a torrential downpour and water leaking in through my newly patched wall. Suffice to say, the painting didn't get done.

Tuesday morning, instead of waking up in a freshly painted room, I'm sleeping on an air mattress and getting quotes on new windows. Now there's a kick to the face!