Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL: Jimmy Buffett

Kaidy Mae

A review eh? Well I'll warn you right now that it'll probably be short and sweet. I've been in the Tdot all weekend at pre-Buffett parties with some Parrothead friends who were up from the States. Getting up at 4am this morning is also stiffling my usual concert day excitement. Bah! I'm sure after a few refreshments I'll be feelin' fine...and back to my loquacious self. ;)

A review eh? Well I'll warn you right now that it'll probably be short and sweet.

Short is fine. I expect that if you post a review, it'll just get the ball rolling and other attendees will give their opinions (maybe even a setlist) in reply.

Have fun tonight!

Kaidy mae- after buffett, gypsy?

Hmmm, we'll have to see. Some serious arm twisting may be necessary. I promised Amy I'd give her a ring after Buffett. It's pretty up in the air at this point. I have to get up around 5am to get to work in Barrie. Boooo! If I'm going anywhere Dave, it'll be the Gypsy...if only to see your kind face! :)

Did you have a party or something on Saturday? I just remembered that Beth called me. It was too loud to hear her message and I was WAY into the sangria. I forgot all about it until now. Whoops! :blush: Such an ass! Hopefully I'll have the energy to find you guys tonight.

I am a devoted Phish/Deadhead but I also love Jimmy Buffett and his brand of good time beach-bard music.

Jimmy's a true original and under appricated with a rabid fan base.

I'll be there representing the pierced-up, blonde-dreaded cyber-hippie contingent. I'll be wearing the Steal your Face visor.

"Boat Drinks in Magarittavile!!!!!" I'm gonna get juiced!!!

buffet.jpg

Edited by Guest

I used to think of him in the same ranks as Weird Al/Ray Stevens/those old K-tel albums like 'Funky Favourites' or 'Nutty Numbers'...lotsa good times weird songs(Pencil thin Mustache has got Ween all over it!)

But you know the song that really gets me? "Son of a Son of A Sailor"....great lyrics in that one-some real poetry beyond his hamburger/homo/margarita/reefer references- here's my favourite couple verses...

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man,

I have chalked up many a mile.

Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks,

And I've learned much from both of their styles.

Haul the sheet in as we ride on the wind that our

Forefathers harnessed before us.

Hear the bells ring as the tide rigging sings.

It's a son of a gun of a chorus.

Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends.

If I knew, I might toss out my anchor.

So I'll cruise along always searchin' for songs,

Not a lawyer, a thief or a banker."

damn kinda wish I was going!