Jambands.ca

LOSE YOUR SHOES FESTIVAL - AUG. 12-14

Jay Funk Dawg

We're in, I think, with the kids. Cassia's been on us forever to take her out to where all the grownups have fun, make music, and dance.

Dave, you guys should make this the beginning of your "Bon Voyage" month. PLEASE bring my buddy Cassia. I would be more than happy to share kid-sitting duties with you guys. :)

I first went to this fest in '98 or so. Although the venue likes to change around...it always has the same wonderful feel to it. The location of this year's fest is HUGE too. 300 people would hardly be noticed. Not that I'm implying we need a huge posse to have a good time there though. The stage is great (with an adorable little river running behind it). There are central camp areas to party like it's 1999 and there are many private wooded nests. Oh, and a beach.

I was there for May 2-4 about 5 or 6 years ago and the owners of the site rented a big screen TV and set it up in a field so that our hungover asses could watch the playoffs.

Note: Do not set up a full drum kit in the middle of the park at 2am on acid. They don't appreciate it. ;)