Jambands.ca

EVOLVE FESTIVAL LINE - UP

Jay Funk Dawg

I'm confused as to how the organizers think that Nathan is going to be able to get into the country for the Surprise Me show given his recent arrest in California. Maybe if he gets off all together and it's a wash but I still think it will cause at very least ripples at the border. Don't they ask whether you've ever been arrested not just convicted? Hell a Slip show wouldn't hurt but what would they do leave Nathan at the border if he couldn't get in?

"I'm confused as to how the organizers think that Nathan is going to be able to get into the country for the Surprise Me show given his recent arrest in California."

That is exactly what I said/asked Guigs on Sunday.

Its a situation that desperately needs to be researched.

That being said, I think that the line up The Slip/Nathan More, Steve Kimock, The Jungle Bros, Wassabi Collective, Vorzca, Chris Brown & Kate Fenner, Nine Mile, Kobayashi, Burt Neilson Band, Chameleon Project and High Plains Drifter are reasons enough to make the trip! :)

I guess I've got a good reason to make the trip now. ;)

That being said' date=' I think that the line up The Slip/Nathan More, Steve Kimock, The Jungle Bros, Wassabi Collective, Vorzca, Chris Brown & Kate Fenner, Nine Mile, Kobayashi, Burt Neilson Band, Chameleon Project and High Plains Drifter are reasons enough to make the trip! :)[/quote']

I guess I've got a good reason to make the trip now. ;)

:):)

The nature of the festival setting is that bands cannot really do encores because of tight timeslots.

Then why did The Trews get an encore?

Nobody is complaining about the quality of The Slip's performance' date=' but 70 minutes for the headliner with no encore so a shitty DJ can get on stage is ridiculous... What's an extra 10 minutes?[/quote']

I've got recordings of both the Slip and the Trews from Evolve last year. The Slip's set is a few seconds shy of being 80 minutes long, and that's with some of their downtime on stage omitted. The Trews didn't play as long as the Slip did. I should have torrents of those shows up on bt.etree sometime next week.