Jambands.ca

KAKI KING AND JFJO THIS WEEKEND AT PEPPER JACKS

ReDD

Hello Everyone:

I was just wondering if anyone else is planning on catching these two shows on the weekend?? From Pepper Jacks website:

KAKI KING is a feisty, five-foot, funny, outspoken Atlanta transplant who now lives in New York, a city whose energy is almost equal to her own. She also happens to be the most exciting solo guitarist/composer to have come along in decades. On her upcoming album, Legs to Make Us Longer (Epic), she blazes through a set of original works with an intensity that reflects her world -- the subway platform gigs, the late shifts at the Mercury Lounge, the surreptitious intermission entrances into Lincoln Center to catch some Stravinsky -- more than the new age stupor that most solo guitar music seems to induce.

Kaki has toured incessantly since getting signed, opened for an array of headliners (Marianne Faithful, David Byrne, Robert Randolph, Keb Mo, Soulive, Mike Gordon and Charlie Hunter to name a few), played a set at Bonnaroo, performed on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, hurried to engagements all over the world, and pretty much single-handedly -- actually, double-handedly -- dragged the art of solo acoustic guitar back to prominence, with an edginess that matches the temperament of her own generation.

I'm sure anyone that was at CTMF would love to see JFJO again:

While on a short break from tour with Les Claypool, JACOB FRED JAZZ ODYSSEY will make their Hamilton debut on Sunday July 17. After two mind-boggling sets a few weeks ago at the

Come Together Music Festival, JFJO are excited for their return to the region, their second trip to Canada.

" JFJO burns with a quiet intensity rather than dramatically explodes. The musicians play with a coiled looseness, improvising with quicksilver yet deliberate force. You can hear the band's power and inventiveness creatively eroding structure, and the tension produced from that is exhilarating. If JFJO isn't moving jazz forward, it is shifting its center of gravity interestingly askew. " - Dave Segal, JAZZTIMES

"...the powerful presence of Brian Haas is a force to be reckoned with. Haas is a free player, creating his own style of music that brazenly eludes any label or description... you can hear the sound of musical boundaries being erased, and it's a beautiful thing. " - Robbie Genet, KEYBOARD MAGAZINE

" You are pushing jazz forward in a brand new direction. Thanks!" - CECIL TAYLOR (the Jazz legend told Brian after witnessing

3 hours of JFJO live.)

" You'll be hearing a lot about Reed Mathis from the Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, because he's doing innovative stuff. "

- LES CLAYPOOL (in BASS PLAYER MAGAZINE)

Pepper Jack Cafe

At this point I'm planning on attending both shows.

Make sure to wear the pink outfit I like so much. You know the one. The backless number that dips low enough that you can see your tatoo of the two sailors arm wrestling just above your shit crack. You look so hot in that get up, it makes me sweat MarcO's sperm.