Jambands.ca

Taping @ The Ottawa Bluesfest???

Weirdness

Yes, I realize that there is another forum for the Bluesfest, but I figured this would be a better way to get a response...

Anyhoo, I am going to be hitting up Calexico tomorrow night and they are taper friendly but I was wondering if Brad M or someone else could tell me if they have had any problems getting their gear into the festival. Any insight is appreciated...

no problems getting gear in Pete. I've taped both nights I attended and no hassles. I'll be there tomorrow as well. Hoped to tape Calexico, but maybe I should opt for Bill Frisell instead given that you'll be there. Then doing the John Prine after that.

See ya there!

Sweet!!! Thanks man. We've got tix for Frisell in TO Tuesday so that would work out fine, though the Calexico thing is a rare appearance nearest I can figure. I put our cell #'s in the Bluesfest forum so feel free to give us a shout and if you need floorspace, we've got a room...

So Good for dinner tomorrow anyone???

So Good=So Awful.

Try the Mekong for actual flavour. It's not far up the street.

BTW, I listened to 2 mp3's on their website. It was 2 pretty killer tracks that made me want some tacos.

So they are a mexican music act? What the hell is mexican music called? Maybe Weir knows.

I haven't had problems getting gear in, but I've only tried once, for BSC on Wednesday. I did get hassled while I was taping Keller Williams, by two different guys, so people are on the lookout for rigs.

If you want to tape Frisell, be careful: I looked into if he had a taping policy, and found that if you want to tape him, it has to be stealth. He's OK with people taping, but his deal with his record company say that they're the only ones who are allowed to record/release his stuff, so as long as he doesn't know you're doing it, you can.

This Google search led me here, and if you scroll down to the Bill Frisell entry, it reads (in part)

In the interest of audience enjoyment, avoidance of distractions, blocking sightlines, etc., no microphone stands are allowed. We only allow recording with the use of small mics that are worn or clipped to the recordist's clothing only, keeping it as low key and as invisible as possible without any disturbance to the other audience members.

Aloha,

Brad

So did anyone tape Frisell this weekend? I'm going to attmept to run a stealth rig in Halifax on Thursday.

I know that Frisell had BTs taken down back in the SharingTheGroove days, so I'm surprised to see this policy.