Jambands.ca

Ottawa Folk Fest

Im going home Donny

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'll be passing tonight...

CUPE Evening Main Stage Thursday, August 18

Presented by Dr. John Kershman

(Please note that all performances times are approximate.)

6:00 pm - Welcome

6:10 pm - Arthur McGregor

6:25 pm - Genticorum

7:05 pm - Joel Plaskett

7:45 pm - Intermission

8:05 pm - Eliza Gilkyson

8:50 pm - Helen Verger Award

9:00 pm - Willie P. Bennett

9:45 pm - Joan Armatrading

Don't know anything about any of these performers, with the exception of Plaskett...not worth 25 bucks in my opinion.

Edited by Guest

ORIGINAL SLOTH BAND!

Forty years ago, in the hot, sleepy delta land of southern North York, Ontario, the Original Sloth Band began. They recorded three albums, toured across North America and appeared with Leon Redbone on “Saturday Night Live.†The core of the group is brothers Chris and Ken Whiteley and Tom Evans on a multitude of instruments, accompanied by Bucky Berger (drums) and Victor Bateman (string bass). The group’s unique blend of blues and jazz may soon be available on CD and DVD.

Sun. 1:15 p.m.

Sun. 2:30 p.m.

Sun. 5:00 p.m.

www.kenwhiteley.com

www.chriswhiteley.com

Is she OK with taping? I did a search for a taping policy, and couldn't find one. The OFF page doesn't seem to say anything about recording, but I know festivals often get squirrely about taping, even for artists that allow it (largely because the knobstables they use for security don't understand taping, but I digress...).

Aloha,

Brad

I'm really hoping the Feist set gets taped, as I probably won't be able to make it... :( I managed to catch the tail end of her Live At The Rehearsal Hall performance on Bravo and was blown away... I downloaded two of her albums off of OiNK (Monarch and Let It Die) and they are really impressing me as well...

Blane, any chance I can work a trade for that Montreal Feist set when I get settled in my new place? I missed out on the torrent you posted...