Jambands.ca

now playing

bouche

There are a few movies that interested me when I heard about them coming out and 3 of them are in the theatre right now.

Who's seen these, and what did you think of them?

War of the Worlds

Batman Begins

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I'm mostly intrigued in War of the Worlds, but I know a few recent Spielberg movies didn't live up to his legend.

I think Ron Howard is due to make a film. Isn't he working on The DaVinci Code ?

Guest Low Roller

I can't believe that they cast Tom Hanks for the lead role in The DaVinci Code. My favorite book and my personal nemesis together... I am so torn... It should have been David Duchovny dammit!

"Batman Begins"

I thought it was the best of the series but there is no real need to hear that volume in a theater. It was rather abrasive.

Christian Bale is cast perfectly as is Michael Caine.

The fight scenes channel the tv series, but the action is far too quick to recognize what is really going on. Sally and I walked out very confused, so hopefully someone that has seen it can PM me to discuss it rather than add spoilers.

BAM! POW! KABLOWIE!

"I'm mostly intrigued in War of the Worlds"

Same here.

Glad to hear someone else found the volume of Batman Begins abrasive it actually really detracted from the movie for me. Also agree that Christian Bale could not be better cast, he nails that Wayne smarmy swagger better than even Keaton who was the best to date I'd say. It's interesting that when Chris Nolan went after Michael Caine for the Alfred part he gave him the script under a different name altogether and didn't let on it was a batman movie at first.

On another note I find it very telling that Low Roller is a Da Vinci Code fan and a Slip hater. This is to say nothing of Catherine Wheel.