Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the response from Marlie fans, you think that Sergi Berezin had been butt raped by Jody Hull or somehting.

Atleast the Montreal fans have tempered down their tantrums! Considering:

Even Montreal coach Guy Carbonneau, who called for a suspension, was surprised the league came down hard on Emery.

"One game would have been enough for me, but it shows that we were right to consider the hit an attempt to injure," said Carbonneau.

Once again, I love this move. Character plus for Sens, points minus for Habs, and character... well, steady, for the Leafs... which is to say, their fans are still all morons.

I figure if Ottawa can win 3 out of four, we have a decent chance of catching the Sabres, providing the loss of Afinganov and the cumulative effect of playing 19 overtime games this season will keep Buffalo around the .600 clip coming up. The two home and homes with Buffalo and a very beatable Carolina will go along way to determine if we can grab 1st from Buffalo (If so, probably not NJ, they are like WOW thanks to Brodeur right now)... and that would be nice. :)

Gerber looked solid, and so do Hamel (relatively) and Bochenski... If they can get a value added on Patrick Eaves in terms of a Rent a player, I think it will happen. $2 Million to play with, more if a Roster Player is moved... I think Roberts would be great, but the way he played against Ottawa, I don't think he likes us too much! A minor detail.

I don't think they'll get rid of Eaves, hopefully a non-roster player, but they could certainly use a shot in the arm with a top 2 line Left Winger, so if it means giving up a first rounder/Brian Lee/Nick Foligno (not all, but one of those plus a throw in) for that (a player better than Eaves, bumping him off the roster), that's pretty much all they can do at this point... A top 4, Blueliner wouldn't hurt... just incase Mezaros has some brain farts like he did at the beginning of the year, and last year in the playoffs... But Schuburt is a great insurance policy right now...

Is Mark Streit Available?

DO the potential playoff pairings that we're seeing now worry anyone else? It's not looking like the Sens have much of a shot at catching Buffalo, which probably relegates us to 4th or 5th in the conference. Judging by the play now, it's looking like we might be stuck against the Pens or the Devils (if the Pens stay hot), neither of which sound like good 1st round matchups for us! Probably the #1 playoff goalie in the league, or the hottest team in the league.

I know it's early yet, but barring a collapse by either the sens, pens or devils, it's looking like that's the way things will play out.

Edited by Guest

DO the potential playoff pairings that we're seeing now worry anyone else? It's not looking like the Sens have much of a shot at catching Buffalo, which probably relegates us to 4th or 5th in the conference. Judging by the play now, it's looking like we might be stuck against the Pens or the Devils (if the Pens stay hot), neither of which sound like good 1st round matchups for us! Probably the #1 playoff goalie in the league, or the hottest team in the league.

I know it's early yet, but barring a collapse by either the sens, pens or devils, it's looking like that's the way things will play out.

It is indeed still early (22-24 or so games left for most teams) but I'm pretty pessimistic about the Sens facing NJ or Pittsburgh in the first round. I'd rather see them face Tampa or Atlanta, which, is not likely.