Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

Left Wingers....not much depth here but I thought Schaefer would be a little higher up there.

1st Team - Dany Heatley(1st - 42)

2nd Team - Shawn McEachern(2nd - 24, 3rd - 2)

Others receiving votes -

Randy Cunneyworth - (2nd - 2, 3rd - 9, 4th - 4)

Magnus Arvedson - (2nd - 3, 3rd - 5, 4th - 3)

Bryan Smolinski - (2nd - 2, 3rd - 4, 4th - 3)

Peter Schaefer - (4th - 6)

Rob Zamuner - (3rd - 3, 4th - 1)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's going to be interesting.

I think it'll either be

a) The Young kids finally grow up and realize they CAN do it... and we'll have break out years from Fisher, Vermette, Eaves, and Kelly, leading the way for the Spezza's, Heatley's and Alfredssons to quietly fill the top ten in scoring cause of all the pressure which gets taken off of them. Nick Dimitritacos gets 10 goals! They will sign 3 of the 4 big upcoming free agents... probably lose the 4th. Then there will be the playoffs where the biggest threat might come from the west... and in the East it'll be the Rangers.

or

B) The team goes through a Stanley Cup hangover and comes out slow... the club house begins to implode with the upcoming FA year with Heatley, Spezza and Fisher all coming up... and they will trade and alter the very core of this team.

It'll be fun none-the-less!

But you did lose, correct? We both walked away without the Stanley Cup. Yay for us!

Have fun seeing all those shite games this season while players dial in their performances. And have fun getting there sucker.

Have fun pretending to be a hockey fan while your drunk at home. :)

Hummer of a first day: Emery has 'little argument' with motorist

Ken Warren, The Ottawa Citizen

Published: Thursday, September 06, 2007

So much for Ray Emery steering clear of controversy.

The Ottawa Senators star goaltender found himself in the middle of yet another traffic incident yesterday morning as he made his way to Scotiabank Place for his first workout of the season.

According to Mr. Emery, another driver cut in front of his Hummer as he exited the Queensway onto the Palladium Drive off-ramp.

Following a heated exchange, involving hand gestures and some choice words, the other driver went directly to Scotiabank Place to file a complaint about Mr. Emery's actions.

Mr. Emery says he has nothing to be sorry about and isn't going to apologize. "On the way to the rink, I had a little argument with a dude," he said in an interview yesterday.

"He swerved in front of me and started throwing fingers all over the place and so I decided it was time to talk it over."

"I got mad and started yelling at him. I didn't threaten him. I was just using some regular expletives. I've talked to a couple of people (with the Senators), but I'm not too worried about it. I won the war of words and he got a bit mad. I'm not apologizing or anything."

The Senators issued a statement late yesterday afternoon.

"The club is aware of the circumstances surrounding a personal incident this morning involving Ray Emery," the statement read. "We trust that Ray will address the issues to the satisfaction of the authorities."

However, police wouldn't confirm or deny that they are investigating.

Mr. Emery's outstanding play during the 2006-07 season helped the Senators advance to the Stanley Cup finals against the Anaheim Ducks.

But while the club recognized his talents by signing him to a three-year, $9.5-million U.S. contract in the summer, Mr. Emery's off-ice antics have caused the team headaches in the past.

During the second round of the playoffs last April, Mr. Emery missed the club's charter flight to New Jersey. He slept through his wakeup call, and in his haste to make it to the airport on time, was involved in a car accident on the Queensway -- driving the same Hummer that was in the middle of yesterday's incident.

He has also drawn attention for his collection of arm tattoos, his short-lived experiment with a Mike Tyson-inspired goalie mask and his prowess as an on-ice fighter.

The club is hoping that Mr. Emery keeps the controversies to a minimum this season, and he acknowledges his season could have started a little smoother.

"Yeah, it was quite the first day at the rink," he said.

Following a heated exchange, involving hand gestures and some choice words, the other driver went directly to Scotiabank Place to file a complaint about Mr. Emery's actions.

This line makes it sound like he ran to the principal's office.

C'mon admit it Booche, it was you.