Jambands.ca

Drums N' Tuba in Peterborough

promoter

Hey folks,

finally got another show to advertise, Wassabi Collective turned out great thanks to jambands.ca for all the help.

I now have Drums N' Tuba confirmed for Sept. 20th at The Montreal House in Peterborough.

I'm looking for a regional and a local band to open. If you're in a band and wanna open for this stellar band please get in touch with me via e-mail with links and such

thanks

rob

seenproductions@gmail.com

I'm thinking of doing the entire run as well...

As for the new material, I managed to grab a few '04 shows and they're sounding as good as ever... In fact they now have at least two songs with vocals! Not real lyrics so much as added vocal sounds... Very cool...

Yay! D&T... I'll be at that for sure. the ottawa one, anyway.

I'd explode into dust if I ever set foot in Peterborough again.

Well ya know I originally moved here back in '88 cause my dad got re-married and was forced to move...I hated it and left the family home shortly thereafter, you can imagine the culture shock coming from toronto and being 16.

I moved back in 1991 and still hated it and left again.

I've been back 3 years now, my dad still lives here so it's good to be close to family, and I'm mature enough now to know that I love it here....I guess what I'm trying to say is that life's what you make it (to quote Talk Talk) and really it's not THAT bad of a place to live. I hope you come as I can GUARANTEE you'll have a kick ass time at this show!!!

again I'm still looking for openers so please make recommendations if you have one.. .. .. ..

^^ I definitley spent a good chunk of my early 20s partying/playing/hanging out at zaphods. thurs and saturdays regular. Its a great room to see a band in, and the DJs are usually waaay better than any other 'dance' club. Of course its better to see a band all night, but the way they operate has allowed them to survive a long time. It is kind of weird to go back now and see some of the relics still there and the new versions of people that used to be regulars there.

best DnT and BnB shows I ever saw were there.

among many other great shows. anyway, its a hated room in this scene, but i find the it pretty much second to none in terms of sound and ambiance for a 250ish sized club.

what you like zaphods?

Yeah, I spent pretty much every weekend for about 5 years of my life there. I still go occasionally.

I like it. A couple of the DJs are friends of mine, and I'd consider Eugene a friend too. He's done way more for the music scene in Ottawa than anyone else I can think of.

And all of the MonkeyMan's reasons are good too.

I've seen so many awesome shows there I can't even count them. And the 11 pm curfew for bands means the club survives. It keeps the majority of the band-watchers happy, and it keeps the people that don't care for live music happy too.

Great little club.

AD

though I'll allways have a warm spot in my heart for the hole next door....dominion that is.

I just wish the owner of zaphods weren't such an arrogant....

I've never seen you at the Dominion... Do you still go regularly? I'm there every weekend, and sometimes weeknights.

Eugene is a nice guy, always to me. He puts on fundraisers for people that need it, is an active voice in the community, and has been nothing but friendly in my dealings with him.

Oh well, too bad you get a bad vibe from him.

AD