Jambands.ca

Michael Franti SOLO ACOUSTIC NOV.12 Toronto

Marky

GMP Productions Proudly Presents an Intimate Evening with Michael Franti (of Spearhead)

Saturday Nov.12

Bloor Cinema (Bathurst & Bloor)

Toronto

This event will consist of a Screening of Michael Franti's new Documentary, "I know I'm not alone"

followed by a Q & A period, and then..........

A lengthy [color:red]Solo Acoustic Performance .

More details about the event will be posted shortly with a nice pre-sale period for all the jambands.ca members. Stay tuned for more info...

Well ... the down season in Whistler is like October to the end of November so it's a good time to leave town; and I usually visit Toronto about twice a year anyway. If I time it from now, it just might work out to get there at the same time as Michael. We'll see.

(And, of course, thanks very much for the warm welcome. It makes me feel good, and it's further motivation. I'm going to seriously look into it right away.)

I can't wait to see video of him landing in the Baghdad airport. Aparantley they have to send the plane into a controled tailspin over the airport to lose altitude quickly and decrese the range of the enemies Surface to Air attacks...

And I'd love to see what it's like to have a Man of Frianti's character interact with the native Iraqi...

I imagine that what Curtis Mayfield said is true: Wherever you go, people are all the same.

:)

Thanks Marky for getting behind this... I'm sure it's going to be a big success, and hopefully it'll be a good movie.

happy to see that a lot of people are into this. I will really be trying to do something cool with this.. As well trying to get some folks from maybe warchild and amnesty and that nature behind it as well. From what i have been told the movie is quite something, and yeah this is going to be one hell of a cool venue for this thing... should be awesome and i'll get all the rest of the details up ASAP....