Jambands.ca

T.O.Twang this weekend

bONES

August 12-14

Combine country and city-living at Toronto’s first and only alt-country festival. Artists from across Canada and U.S.A. play rockabilly-surf, bluegrass, newgrass, honky-tonk, swing and country-fried-rock! Need more? Cowboys, rope spinning, BBQ demos and two-step lessons!

tonight

The Sadies (Toronto)

Friday August 12th

9:30 pm

Playing in many genres, this Toronto country quartet employs alt-country, 60's garage-punk, bluegrass and surf-instrumental rhythms. In addition to collaborating with Blue Rodeo, they’ve worked with critically acclaimed country star Neko Case

Carolyn Mark & Her New Best Friends

Brigantine Room

Friday August 12th

11:00 pm

One woman whirlwind and singer/songwriter Carolyn Mark has been compared to Natalie Merchant, Emmy Lou Harris and even Janis Joplin! Her career has taken many turns - along with Neko Case, she was half of the Corn Sisters, later, she formed a band with her best friends, who turned into roommates

tomorrow

Luther Wright & The Wrongs

Saturday August 13th

3:30 pm

Get a heapin' helpin' of boogie-woogie from Kingston’s alt-country-punkgrass outfit.

Luke Doucet (Toronto)

Saturday August 13th

8:00 pm

He has worked his magic with Sarah McLachlan, Blue Rodeo, Chantal Kreviazuk, and Delirium just to name a few. Luke’s solo debut album Aloha, Manitoba has received critical acclaim in North America.

Billy Joe Shaver (Waco, Texas)

Saturday August 13th

9:30 pm

The last great cowboy poet, Billy Joe pours experiences of love, grief and triumph into soulful, southern influenced blues with a rock edge. His songs have been recorded by artists like Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Allman Brothers, Waylon Jennings and Elvis.

Am I missing the part of the post where it tells where this is taking place?

oooops..hehe

that'd be good ole harbourfront center...CIBC stage

same place Los Lobos played last summer (i think you were both there for that one...weren't you?)

and it's entirely FREE!

i saw The Sadies back in June with Jon Spencer, Cuff The Duke and The Spades. The Sadies kicked ass that night! They rock, especially when they get their folks up on stage with them to deliver some sweet old timey gospel tunes :)

Wow, sounds awesome! Who is Bazil Donevan?

I ended up going down to the Harbourfront for Luke Doucet... Caught about 5 songs. Melissa McLelland was onstage singing, man she's got such a sweet voice! Her name really rings a bell but I don't know how I know it. Maybe from Ladybird Sideshow?

After Luke Doucet came Billy Joe Shaver.. Oh my lord was he ever BAD. I left after three songs. :crazy: