Jambands.ca

Little star tattoo on the hand - any info?

StoneMtn

"Lassie" and I know someone with a tiny, black tattoo of a star at the base of her thumb where it meets her index finger of her right hand. Lassie thinks it means she's Wicca (a witch) but we don't want to ask her. We're getting really curious though.

Anyone know anything about this? (Maybe it's just nothing?)

From my expirence having worked in my buddies tattoo-shop,it doesn't always mean jail,if at all.

Does it look like a nautical star?

Classic naval style tattoo,which also means to "guide & protect",although nautical stars are not the only stars used though.Usually tattoo'd on the back of hand(s) between the index finger & thumb.

Usually a cross is tattoo'd on the hand or finger to represent prison time,somtimes with little dashes or "tics" above the cross representing how long.

Edited by Guest

Could be,don't know really if there is a specific style of star,"guide & protect" is just one of the traditional meanings I believe & it really depends on the individual's reason and/or what it means to them,usually a star tattoo means that in my expirences.

But like the cross it could also have other meanings I guess,I know that tear-drops & crosses for example are used in prison to represent one thing or another.Pretty much comes right back to the persons reason for getting it...

I know thats probally not a lick of help to your situation,sorry.

This is an example of the nautical star I mentioned...

taylor%20star%20hand%20palm.jpg

That's an inverted pentacle, it has a different meaning that an upright pentacle-my opinion anyway. I would just ask, people with tats usually are more than happy to tell you about them, even if they describe it as a drunken mistake.

If she is a pagan she will either blow it off as nothing, just in case she thinks you might not be open minded...oh, it's just a star...or if she doesnt care she will just tell you straight out.

I probably will ask her, because my curiosity is really piqued now.

That said, I went to the website for the photo that StellaBlue posted. I found out that the hand in the photo is "Melanie C's" who Lassie just told me is "Sporty Spice".

Does that information tell anyone anything? Is Melanie C a pagan? (I plan to read through her website tonight, but right now is before work so I don't have the time.)