Jambands.ca

Jimi Hendrix - 11/27/42 - 09/18/70

Esau

Jimi Hendrix changed my life. When I heard the recording of The Band of Gypsies playing Machine Gun, I was overcome by the emotion in his playing. It was a crazy time then with the war in Vietnam and race riots in Chicago and somehow he was telling how it affected him. How it was affecting people. Anger, sadness, crying, desperation. Its all there in that track. How should that affect a young white Canadian kid so deeply? I was experiencing my own anger, sadness, desperation as the result of my parents split and my whole life uprooting. I had turned to playing guitar tunes, but never realized how an electric guitar could become a voice for expressing all that hurt til Jimi Hendrix stopped me in my tracks. So I kept playing, and playing for hours, days, years, learning. I got it out, and healed as a result of it, and it has made me a great player. Music is such a powerful thing. I collect live recordings of Hendrix and you know, he never played the same solo twice. Instead of a unwavered structure, he allowed himself to flow free thought and spontaneous expression. When he let go of inhibitions, and all physical restrictions, he played like a mutha******. Soulful, and beautiful. Later whenever I listen to that track, I stop what I'm doing and allow it to take me over shhhhh...no talking, just listen. This is one of my favorite pictures of Jimi by Jim Marshall. Tells it all.

JimiHendrix3.jpg

Right on Doug,thanks for sharing that.Next time I see you,I'll have a DVD of Jimi's last performace with the expirence (feb 24th 1969) for you to check out.If you got the ability to copy it,then even better.

http://www.me.umn.edu/~kgeisler/alast.html

Cheers

Greg

jimihendrix28qb.jpg

Fall mountains, just don't fall on me

Go ahead on mister business man, you can't dress like me

Don't nobody know what I'm talkin' about

I've got my own life to live

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die

So let me live my life the way I want to

Yeah, sing on brother, play on drummer.

hecRight on Doug,thanks for sharing that.Next time I see you,I'll have a DVD of Jimi's last performace with the expirence (feb 24th 1969) for you to ck out.If you got the ability to copy it,then even better.

get me one too please

is he burried in france

i went to his grave and drank a bottle of wine or two or maybe it was three, and cried

get me one too please

is he burried in france

i went to his grave and drank a bottle of wine or two or maybe it was three, and cried

No,Jimi is buried in Greenwood Memorial Park, Renton, Washington .

Jim Morrison is buried in Paris,at Pere Lachaise Cemetery.I visited Jim's grave in '97 while travelling in Europe.

I don't have a DVD burner so I can't send you a copy.

tons of good tunes played for jimi yesterday on the Q, all the riffer jmadnesses were jimi tunes too, wish i had the friggin cellphone when we were listening cuz i knew both of em right off the hop

thanks for sharing that story doug

amazing musician, amazing person. may he rest in peace