Jambands.ca

pearl jam setlist 09.19.2005

ge-off

09.19.2005 – Air Canada Center, Toronto, ON, Canada

Ed pre-set Porch

Set list: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain (A Sort of Homecoming by U2 tag), Small Town, Even Flow, Habit, Daughter (WMA tag), Better Man, ½ Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away (EV solo), Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon w/SK, Indifference, Alive

2nd encore: Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here w/SK, Rockin’ in the Free World

w/Bono and Sleater Kinney, Yellow Ledbetter

Very amazing show. I concur on the energy of the crowd. A Toronto crowd that actually got excited. Probably the most fan/crowd participation the ACC has seen in years. It was really cool to see Pearl Jam fans losing their sh!t for their band. And the band was unbelievable, pros from start to finish. Mike McCeedy (spel.?) is a sick underated guitar player. Eddy gave 'er like it was his only hope. Definately worth the ticket price.

when Boner came on stage (all of U2 were there) I got a little pissed off.. that douche is everywhere..

but the level of excitement when he did.. blew the roof off the place.. i just got goosebumps thinking about it..

hide your love away was awesome, so was do the evolution, rearview mirror.. it was all good..

a buddy of mine was reading me an article about the show last night from the Toronto Sun.. from a lisa Douchewater or something like that..

she basically said it was a disappointing show and that pearl jam is not a relevant band anymore..

if any of you kids can find it it was a good read if you hate pearl jam.. otherwise it just pisses you off alot..

i dont think she gets it

Last night's ACC gig is part of an extensive cross-Canada tour that hits such oft-neglected markets at Thunder Bay and St. John's.

And the crowds follow, trailing them from town to town, obsessive over the ever-changing set lists.

seriously what other bands tour this great country of ours like they are... U2 sure as shit didnt.. they will play the shit out of ONE CITY..

Comparing themselves to the best live band on earth is a bad idea. While U2 has proven to be vital in the 21st century, their live shows spectacular displays of showmanship and innovative stage design, Pearl Jam in 2005 has little to offer anyone but their, albeit many, diehard fans.

GRRRR

But despite the massive love-in, something was missing. A sense of occasion. A sense of danger. A sense of now.

You could call Pearl Jam timeless. You could also call them outdated. They've earned the right to be classic rockers, but even when they play their biggest hit, Alive, it doesn't feel like a classic moment.

im guessin she is not a fan..

just getting paid to be there...

Edited by Guest

Lisa Douchwater indeed. I always love reading reviews about a show I thought was amazing, but the reviewer thought wasn't. It just confirms how utterly useless reviews are anyway. What a bitch.

Comparing them to U2 is one thing. But those guys (PJ) define what a professional musician and band should be. Although I myself wondered about all the hits from 10 being played, (Jeremy and Alive I could do without for the rest of my life) they are an incredible rock band.

"You could call them timeless. You could also call them outdated." Well which is it Mrs. Hemmingway? Holy f_ck shainhouse please send the Sun some sample reviews and help banish this hack!

Is it ever good enough for a reviewer, unless their personal opinion is they love the band?

Lisa Douchwater indeed.

Comparing them to U2 is one thing. But those guys (PJ) define what a professional musician and band should be. Although I myself wondered about all the hits from 10 being played, (Jeremy and Alive I could do without for the rest of my life) they are an incredible rock band.

they played so much old stuff to get the general public pumped about Pearl jam again. IT WORKED BY THE WAY..cus they have a new record label sony/bmg... no more EPIC.. and dont want their new songs being stolen early... i get this info from a buddy of mine who works for SOCAN.. and also the biggest PJ fan i know

well, as i said, i dont think i'll ever see a twinky jamband bring the energy like pearl jam did....

i laugh when i compare the raw power brought by PJ, when i think of some of the bands i've seen....

those three shows are possibly the best shows i've seen this Millenium.

And i've seen, counting stubs, 104 shows in the 2000's.

Wow. Someone went to a show and didn't think it was that hot. Imagine that!

Wow. Someone doesn't see the relevance of Pearl Jam in today's music scene. Imagine that!

The classy thing to do in these kinds of situations is to attack the person. In this case, it appears the Pearl Jam review was written by a sex-starved whore, a bitch, a hack. Get this: her last name is "Ladouceur". But let's call her "Douchewater"! That'll show her.

well done!

by the way, the U2 show on Friday was awesome. Incredible show.