Jambands.ca

Matchday 2

M.O.B.E

Matchday 2 - 27 September 2005 - Match kick-offs are listed in CETGroup Home Away

A Juventus 20:45 Rapid Preview »

A Bayern 20:45 Club Brugge Preview »

B Ajax 20:45 Arsenal Preview »

B Thun 20:45 Sparta Preview »

C Panathinaikos 20:45 Bremen Preview »

C Barcelona 20:45 Udinese Preview »

D Man. United 20:45 Benfica Preview »

D Lille 20:45 Villarreal Preview »

Matchday 2 - 28 September 2005 - Match kick-offs are listed in CETGroup Home Away

E Fenerbahçe 20:45 PSV more »

E Schalke 20:45 Milan more »

F Real Madrid 20:45 Olympiacos more »

F Rosenborg 20:45 Lyon more »

G Anderlecht 20:45 Betis more »

G Liverpool 20:45 Chelsea more »

H Porto 20:45 Artmedia more »

H Internazionale 20:45 Rangers more »

I think the upset of tuesday will be Udinese over Barce, Thun might stand a chance in Prague. Ajax and Arsenal will be a good game. Chelsea 4 Liverpool 1 ;) TSN will be showing Man U and Benfica, SI Jeung Park is taking Rooney's place ...cant wait till wednesday though to see Rangers at Inter in an empty Stadio...its the only way Rangers stand a chance

Edited by Guest

Bayern 1-0 Club Brugge

Juventus 3-0 Rapid

Ajax 1-2 Arsenal

Thun 1-0 Sparta

Panathinaikos 2-1 Bremen

Barcelona 4-1 Udinese

Man. United 2-1 Benfica

Lille 0-0 Villarreal

I didnt think ManU could have beat Benfica today but they were content to sit back and play ManU for the draw...Juve destroyed Rapid Vienna, Thun surprised Sparta...guess Barcelona finally decided to show up this year, to bad Udinese didnt. I watched that game on TLN in Italian because I hate ManU but it wasn't even worth watching either...big day tomorrow!

"People have been crying out for us to use a 4-4-2 formation but in the Blackburn game we tried the system the fans have been demanding and we lost. That's why football is a game in which imagination and, on many occasions, stupidity has no limits" - Carlos Queiroz sends his greetings to the ManYoo fans.

"It was against the lower teams that we dropped so many stupid points last season and why we fell so far behind. If we are to have any hopes this year we cannot afford to do that. If we can't beat Blackburn and Fulham we have no hope of winning the league" - Paul Scholes suffers an affliction of 'foot-in-mouth' disease.

Well someone agrees wit choo, Diggz...

I think Queiroz is a big part of the problem. The players just don't seem to understand his tactics and gawd help us if Fergie does leave and he takes over. Once they get healthy again tehy will be alright though. Hell they started last night with Phil Bardsley, John O'Shea and Kieran Richardson in defence, that's scary but they got it done. What they really need is Keano back.

oh yeah and Scholsey's gotta find his form again too (not by giving up the ball at the top of his 18yd box)

3-5-2 is how Man U had all their success...tryin new things doesnt always work...if they go back to playin the wings instead of tryin to walk the ball through a crowded midfield, then maybe just maybe they can bring Ruud back into play...no point having the best goalscorer in modern day football if you arnt goin to give him the service he needs

Ruud's the best goalscorer in modern day football???????

He doesn't score anything from any further out than 12 yards! I'd call him a scavenger, picking up the scraps inside the area- very good at that in fact, but that's the limit of his scoring repetoire.

I would say that Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Henri, Adriano are all better goal scorers as far as ability goes...

And I can't remember any successful ManUre team that played 3-5-2; there's always been 4 at the back as far as i can remember.

3 at the back...they play with a sweeper, now Edwin VanderSaar fills that roll...did you not see Ruud control that ball and hit the crossbar lastnight???? some of the best goal scorers were the players who score garbage goals...Diego Maradona for instance...I agree with Shevchenko...Henri isnt even a striker he's a wing midfielder that has been playing as a lone striker at Arsenal, and I dont think he is as good as they tout him to be...he plays when he feels like it and if he doesnt he might as well play for Bristol Rovers...I thought Antonio Cassano was going to be the next thing but he has even fallen off the planet...David Trezeguet is probably the best striker right now

Last night it was 4 at the back (Rio and O'Shea in the middle and Kieran Richardson and Phil Bardsley outside) This has been the formation for as long as I remember going back to Jaap Stam (Don't care what he wrote in his book he should still be running that defensive unit)

Ronaldinho is the most talented footballer in the world right now, as for strikers Adriano is just sick too

schalke-milan could be some fun.

poor little liverpoo.

here we go' date=' here we go.

:) [/quote']

Yeah poor little Liverpool, Champions of Europe (for the 5th time- i think that's about 5 more than Boring Boring Chelski have won). Poor little things.

Good times

(Wait'll you hear the level of noise at Anfield today...)

today, anfield weeps.

today, slippery smiles.

Last night it was 4 at the back (Rio and O'Shea in the middle and Kieran Richardson and Phil Bardsley outside)

Diggz...even though Richardson and Bardsley were lined up at the back did you see how they play??? they are wingers...Alan Smith plays just infront of the 2 centerbacks acting like a midfield sweeper(Keenes normal spot)...I'm not tryin to argue with you, I'm just saying its a little more complex than a 4-4-2 this is how it looks and is played...2-3-3-1-1

V. Der Saar

O'shea Ferdinand

Bardsley Smith Richardson

Fletcher Scholes Ronaldo

Giggs

V Nistleroy

Edited by Guest

it's a classic Scot's tactic, thats how I was taught to play the game too.The first player to start the possesion is the last to touch it before a shot is made.If you follow the formation up the field as a team attacks eventually the attackers form a semi-circle around the goal area.

I think the problem is not the tactics but maybe dissention in the ranks???

I can see there being some dissention actually, Rooney for instance has made it well known that he does not like playing on the wings (and I agree) because he is way more effective in the middle making plays. Besides that though i don't read much more into last Saturday's loss than poor finishing. if you've watched their games they have a majority of play they just don't seem to be capitalizing though. Hell that's what makes sport so exciting/frustrating, you know what your team is capable of it's the results that count though...