Jambands.ca

NHL 2006 on Game Cube...

badams

I've always been a big Sony fan and in fact I own a PS2' date=' X-Box and a GameCube. That being said GameCube gives you more bang for your buck and the Mario Games are awesome.

[/quote']

So what do you do in your spare time? :wink:

I go through spurts. I won't touch any games for months then I will play for days straight. The drinking never stops though.

"Is this the right console for me?"

If you typically own it for sports' date=' EA titles specifically, then yes. Its why I got one.

[/quote']

Where's the best place in town to buy this sort of thing? Best Buy?

I'd go to one of those geek game stores like Game Shark or Game Shack. They may have a used system for a dirt cheap price. Sometimes the game stores will throw in a few games with the system as well.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

That's it, I can't hold out on this topic much longer...

Nope. GTA is PS2 exclusive.

Having played all three systems, here are my rankings for various categories:

Controller: 1. Xbox, 2. PS2, 3. Gamecube

Simply put, I hate the Gamecube controller. It feels like it was designed for a child, and the analog stick is not obvious to get to. On the other hand the Xbox controller, although massive, has everything within easy reach. The PS2 is probably the simplest controller, but it's easy to use. The analog controller on the PS2 isn't all that obvious either. All three offer a wireless controller feature.

Graphics: 1. Xbox, 2. PS2, 3. Gamecube

This one was tough... all three are essentially great, and each one excels in something different, but overall I'd say that the Xbox is the tightest.

Game variety: 1. PS2, 2. Gamecube, 3. Xbox

The PS2 has it all and for a reasonable amount of cash. Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is by far the best soccer game I have ever played. BY FAR. Gamecube has a bunch of cutesy games that are fun in large groups (Mario Party in the hizzzouse!). Xbox specializes in games that have impressive graphics, but sometimes are thin on originality.

Extras: 1. Xbox, 2. PS2, 3. Gamecube

Both Xbox and PS2 can be used as a DVD player (although for the Xbox you have to buy a seperate DVD add-on), and the Xbox has a hard drive where you can upload mp3 and play the mp3s rather than the in-game music in some games. Imagine playing some racing game while blaring bluegrass chase music!

Games I recommend:

Regardless of what system you buy, here are some games I recommend for each one.

Xbox- Halo, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

PS2- GTA: San Andreas, Pro Evolution Soccer 4, WWE Smackdown (fun!!)

Gamecube- Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Orgy

I'd say you should wait for the next gen console to come out later this year. You'll be the envy of the neighbourhood.

can I play Grand Theft Auto on a Gamecube?

THAT is your deal-breaker? I thought it was price and sports games?

Screw the Game Cube. Get an XBOX. XBOX Live is the tits! I was at MattyC's one night getting my ass whooped in FIFA 2005 by some 11 year old kid in Sweden. At least I learned some cool moves.

You cant play online with the GameCube.

THAT is your deal-breaker? I thought it was price and sports games?

Heh, heh, I'm fickle. But I'm still leaning towards the cube.

One more question -- do I need to buy a memory card right off the bat? Or does the console come within enough built-in memory to save my NHL 2006 season?