Jambands.ca

Undefeated teams

Guest Low Roller

I just dont understand why hockey had to be made more "TV friendly" when games like baseball,golf,tennis etc run as long or longer and are even less eventful,not to mention slower then hockey.

Just me I guess.

According to Steve Simmons in Sunday's Sun, LA's OLN hockey coverage drew a 0 rating. How's that for " TV friendly "?!

OK?

OLN..LOL I'm not surprised people in LA would rather watch Survivor (OLN's highest rated show,I believe) then hockey.

Again,as you quoted & I said:

I just don't understand it.

[edit to add]

LA?

Laughable,I don't imagine the ratings on hockey have ever been really that good there do you?

Edited by Guest

3 ft closer to the Queensway!!! hahahahhahaaaa...

I still stand by my opinion...I like the shoot-outs...If a certain team can't pull out a win in regulation...or OT then off to a shoot-out...It's thier own fault that they don't have players to win a shoot-out...It just so happens that Ottawa landed one of the best shoot-out goalies, and has a really skilled team to score the goals...I think Domi would have had a better chance to score than Allison...Plus why wouldn't Quinn put in someone like Kilger who played a great game and had so many good chances.

The problem with hockey isnt its entertainment value, its that its not etched in the American psyche. With the exception of a few northern states, no one down there cares. Nor should they. Successfully drawing on the southern market is going to take a lot more than flashy gimmicks and Wayne Gretzky coaching. Maybe if they played in the middle of a NASCAR track more people would watch.

I still stand by my opinion...I like the shoot-outs...If a certain team can't pull out a win in regulation...or OT then off to a shoot-out...It's thier own fault that they don't have players to win a shoot-out...It just so happens that Ottawa landed one of the best shoot-out goalies, and has a really skilled team to score the goals...I think Domi would have had a better chance to score than Allison...Plus why wouldn't Quinn put in someone like Kilger who played a great game and had so many good chances.

Thats fine,then they should play a 20 minute 5 on 5 overtime period before going to the shootout.

I can't answer the questions about Toronto & Ottawa,since I didn't waste my evening on either of those two teams.

[edit to add]

My dislike for the shootout has absolutley nothing to do with any particular team winning or losing.

Thought I'd clear that up after the PM I recieved...

Edited by Guest

I'm not a big fan of the shoot-out either. Too gimmicky. In my opinion it takes away from the game. Hasek's penalty for playing the puck outside "the zone" was bullshit as well. Unfortunately many of these new rules are for the casual fan and not the knowledgeable/purist fan. I do like the smaller goalie equipement though. Every game you see a goal that would not have gone in before.

Can the backup goalie take the shots in the shootout?

WTF? What other goalie in the world is better in shootouts than Hasek?

Why would you wanna put Emery in there' date=' cold, with the game on the line?

Or was it just a rules-related question....?

AD

[/quote']

My question was related to the comments by Low Roller, and my own, that, due to his tender groin, I'm worried Hasek will injure himself in a shootout. I'd rather lose a point with Emery than Hasek for the season.

Might not happen but it is a concern in light of Hasek's age, past injuries and the fact that it already happened with Brian Boucher getting injured in a pre-season shootout.