Guest Low Roller

Ottawa 3-0

Montreal 3-0

Edmonton 3-0

Vancouver 2-0

NASHVILLE 2-0 (?)

Which one here is not like the other?

Which one here does not belong?

The Sens are playing in Montreal tonight which should be a great game. I hate to say it, but I think the Sens are going to win this one: 5-3

Watching the highlights from Ottawa's win last night against the Leafs I have to express major concern over the longevity of Hasek, especially if he keeps taking part in the shootouts. A groin pull is imminent...

Edited by Low Roller

Watching the highlights from Ottawa's win last night against the Leafs I have to express major concern over the longevity of Hasek, especially if he keeps taking part in the shootouts. A groin pull is imminent...

I cringed after one of those shots, I think it was Lindros', which ended with Hasek splayed out in the splits. Can the backup goalie take the shots in the shootout?

Even after two victories for Ottawa, I am not a fan of the shootout.

Can the backup goalie take the shots in the shootout?

WTF? What other goalie in the world is better in shootouts than Hasek?

Why would you wanna put Emery in there, cold, with the game on the line?

Or was it just a rules-related question....?

AD

Quinn says he's not a fan of the shoot-out...Ollie says he's not a fan of the shoot-out...There is one way to get around the shoot-out if you don't like it...It's simple...get the win in regulation!!! The sens just happen to have a great shoot out team...Maybe if Quinn didnt' put slow-poke Allison in there the Leafs would've had a chance...The leafs had plenty of opportunities to win that game last night but they didn't...

The Leafs just suck...

I'm thinking of the same play as Ollie. Hasek looked a little shaken after doing those splits...

Good thing Allison shot it over the glass on the next one...

But seriously, who's better than Hasek in shootouts? There's a story in the Sun today from Muckler who said he watched Hasek take penalty shots in Buffalo back in the day and it took about 50-60 tries to score on him.

There would be no logic in switching goalies for the shoot out.

AD

I was hoping for a Chara-Lindros ruble last night...

Lindros isnt stupid...

...Maybe if Quinn didnt' put slow-poke Allison in there the Leafs would've had a chance..

I dont get it either. Stajan has quick hands and can score from in close. Kaberle, while a defenceman, is the same. And why hasnt someone with a mamoth shot not just wound up from the circle and slapped the fuck out of one yet?

Guest Low Roller
And why hasnt someone with a mamoth shot not just wound up from the circle and slapped the fuck out of one yet?

Too bad that Al MacInnis retired.

And why hasnt someone with a mamoth shot not just wound up from the circle and slapped the fuck out of one yet?

Too bad that Al MacInnis retired.

There is plenty of time for the Leafs to bring him out of retirement and I think it would actually lower the average age of their team. :)

Guest Low Roller

Instead of a shootout they should go to a skills contest that is randomly selected by spinning a giant wheel. The wheel has different skill contests on it such as speed, sharpshooter, penalty shot, fight, slam dunk competition, etc...

A coin flip would decide who gets to spin the wheel.

This idea rules all.

Or have two heavy weights skate full tilt, from opposite ends of the rink, to center where they collide, and whoever bumps the other the furthest, wins the shoot-out.

Glad I picked Chara for my pool.... See the hit on Lindros last night? I read that the radio call for the hit was something like 'Chara just moved the Corel Centre 3 feet closer to the Queensway.'

Awesome

AD

They should just play regular fuckin overtime,this shootout crap is such a drag to watch,not to mention a shitty way to lose or win in my opinion.

If the teams tie,then it should be a tie.Of course when playoffs arrive they should play it out until there is a winner.3,4,5,6 hours so what?

Its depressing to think that a hockey games length is now dicated by commercials & sitcoms.

I don't really care to see a team win in a shootout after they have been completley out-played throughout the entire game.(any team)

I just dont understand why hockey had to be made more "TV friendly" when games like baseball,golf,tennis etc run as long or longer and are even less eventful,not to mention slower then hockey.

Just me I guess.