Jambands.ca

Jeff Martin quits The Tea Party

dave-O

Quick! Somebody console Jaimoe.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tea_Party/2005/10/18/1267758-ca.html

After 15 years as frontman for Canadian rock trio The Tea Party, Jeff Martin has decided to pack it in.

Martin has announced his departure from the band to pursue a solo career, according to a press statement.

Despite the decision, Martin left the door open for a possible return to the T.O.-based band.

"I am deeply appreciative of all the support Tea Party fans have shown both the band and me over the years," Martin said. "While I'm not ruling out a return of The Tea Party at some time in the future, I am focused for now on my acoustic solo record, and hope to release the new music this winter and tour in support of it."

"I am excited to embark on this new musical chapter of my life and wish all the best to my two former bandmates and friends, Jeff Burrows and Stuart Chatwood."

The Tea Party's final studio album, "Seven Circles," was released in August of 2004.

SO don't worry bout him maybe just the rest of the party or maybe not so partyish anymore

I predict Martin will embark on a mediocre and over-hyped solo career which will spawn one or two mildly successful but terribly annoying singles that we will hear in department stores for the next ten years (see: Edwin [nee I Mother Earth], David Usher [nee Moist], Thornley [nee Big Wreck]). The other two will probably do just fine playing sessions at top Toronto dollar, and can finally escape being stopped by every idiot in the grocery store going "Hey, I recognize you! Don't tell me...don't tell me...Matthew Good!"

For the record, I think Jeff Burrows is a phenominal drummer, and when I was in junior high I taped a Tea Party Intimate & Interactive on MuchMusic and watched several parts over and over again in order to grasp how he was doing what he was doing. That video was a massive influence on my drumming in what were my formative drumming years. I could never fully appreciate the band on the whole, though. I liked the odd tune, but to be honest, the band turned me off in the same way the Doors turn me off sometimes: I don't want to hear some tortured soul moaning two words every 30 seconds over a droning acoustic guitar playing one chord and a military drumroll in the background.

I predict Jeff Martin will the biggest fan of Jeff Martin's solo work.

I saw him play a small afternoon show with Roy Harper (Have a Cigar fame) in the pub at Fanshawe when I went to school there. he came acroos as a primo dick. Thinkin' he's all cool and shit because he was playing some wind-up wooden box. It seemd he was saving every smidge of personality in him for the show he was doing that evening.

I predict Martin will embark on a mediocre and over-hyped solo career which will spawn one or two mildly successful but terribly annoying singles that we will hear in department stores for the next ten years (see: Edwin [nee I Mother Earth], David Usher [nee Moist], Thornley [nee Big Wreck]).

don't forget this this guy.... trey_single.jpg