Jambands.ca

Ween Last Night

Freeker

When you bother to say the same thing to Punk or Ollie I will "take it easy" bouche... Smokers are people too, and the last thing any of us needs is someone telling us we are bad people for making the choice to smoke...

Hey Del, I was poking fun at Lisa's insistence that she only smokes on weekends when she was pictured smoking on a Tuesday. It was meant to be nothing more than a cheap joke. You should know that I adamantly support smoker's rights.

It's all about smoker's rights Hux... As long as Sunshine (or any other smoker) is following the laws set out by the government I don't think anyone has the right to bother them about their habit... If anyone has a problem with a person smoking take it up with Paul Martin, not the individual who is living within their rights as a citizen of this country...

It's all about smoker's rights Hux... As long as Sunshine (or any other smoker) is following the laws set out by the government I don't think anyone has the right to bother them about their habit... If anyone has a problem with a person smoking take it up with Paul Martin, not the individual who is living within their rights as a citizen of this country...

C'mon man, I'll give my friends shit all day long if something they are doing to themselves shortens their fucking life. Don't start saying we shouldn't try to dissuade each other from smoking, thats a "misery loves company" ploy.

No we don't...Back to Ween

Last night's setlist

WEEN

House Of Blues

Atlantic City, NJ.

10-26-05

Exactly Where I'm At

Pork Roll Egg & Cheese

Spinal Meningitis

Happy Colored Marbles

She's Your Baby

Take Me Away

The Grobe

Zoloft

Transdermal Celebration

Buckingham Green

Leave Deaner Alone

The Final Alarm

Baby Bitch

Johnny On The Spot

Light Me Up

Fat Lenny

Stroker Ace

Puertorican Power

--Acoustic--

Chocolate Town

Help Me Scrape The Mucas Off My Brain

Tried And True

I Don't Want It (With Gener electric solo)

--Electric--

Roses Are Free

The Mollusk

Touch My Tooter

Gabrielle

Big Jilm

Voodoo Lady

Did You See Me

Ocean Man

You Fucked Up

Dr. Rock

ENCORES:

*It's Gonna Be A Long Night

The Stallion Part 5

Mr. Would You Please Help My Pony

Someday

*-With "Danny" on Gener's guitar (I believe he's the new guitar tech)

And an Albany review by some bitch

By DANIELLE T. FURFARO, Staff writer

First published: Thursday, October 27, 2005

CLIFTON PARK -- By turns childish, creepy and festive, Ween is the perfect band for the Halloween season. Regardless of what mood they are playing up at any given moment -- and sometimes all those elements occur at once -- the band is usually thoroughly entertaining, and Tuesday night's show at Northern Lights was no exception.

The performance was one of the first on Ween's fall tour, which marks its return to the road following an abrupt hiatus last year to deal with the illness of one of its members.

As the band took the stage, it was immediately clear that they were a more fit and happy outfit than they had been in years. Gene Ween sported a freshly shorn head, a couple of extra pounds and a big smile. Backed by a simple chord progression, Gene Ween sang the first few lines of the upbeat "Exactly Where I'm At" before the full band triumphantly joined in.

The band set the pace for the unexpected with "She Wanted To Leave," a moody dirge with the feel of an old sea ballad. "Happy Colored Marbles," one of the best songs off their last major release "Quebec," was played perfectly, contrasting the Muppets-through-the-looking-glass feel of the chorus with the foreboding verse and solo.

Then it was time for the amphetamine-fueled lounge song, "Time Me Away." A perfect rendition of the driving dense rocker "Transdermal Celebration" featured a rousing guitar solo from Dean Ween (Mickey Melchiondo), one of the most underrated guitarslingers making music today.

When they first started touring in the early 1990s, Dean and Gene were a duo, playing up the bratty-teenager routine to prerecorded backing track tapes broadcast over a tinny boom box. Now they have a backup band of stellar musicians, including drummer Claude Coleman, bassist Dave Dreiwitz and keyboardist Glen McClelland. And while the band still likes its jokes, the songs can carry real emotional punch.

Ween's canon is varied enough to allow the band to play an entire show around a certain atmosphere. Sometimes they play mostly fast songs, sometimes mostly angry, obscene numbers. The majority of the first half of their 2-hour set in Clifton Park was comprised of newer, more accessible material that seems to be influenced more by Bob Dylan and Steely Dan than Black Sabbath and Bongwater. That all changed with "Doctor Rock," an older song that's all raw energy and nervous tension; it got the entire crowd thrashing around.

From there, the band did a number of their older, more off-the-wall hits, including "Push Th' Little Daisies" "Sketches of Winkle" and the classic "Roses Are Free." After a strong, Thin Lizzy-influenced new song called "Gabrielle," Ween started playing themed pairs of songs that ranged from disease -- "The HIV Song" and "Spinal Meningitis" -- to the oceanic concerns of the beautiful "Mollusk" and the danceable closer "Ocean Man."

Danielle Furfaro can be reached at 454-5097 or by e-mail at dfurfaro@timesunion.com.

It's all about smoker's rights Hux... As long as Sunshine (or any other smoker) is following the laws set out by the government I don't think anyone has the right to bother them about their habit... If anyone has a problem with a person smoking take it up with Paul Martin' date=' not the individual who is living within their rights as a citizen of this country...[/quote']

C'mon man, I'll give my friends shit all day long if something they are doing to themselves shortens their fucking life. Don't start saying we shouldn't try to dissuade each other from smoking, thats a "misery loves company" ploy.

When's the last time you gave a buddy shit for drinking too much or snorting Hollywood lines of coke off of a Michael Jackson Thriller album? All I'm saying is we're all manglers, and smoking should be a little further down the line on the list of concerns in this "scene" than a lot of the shit that happens on a fairly regular basis... It's not like people who smoke don't know it's bad for them... People nagging you to quit all the time really doesn't help, although it might make the non-smoker feel a little better about themselves... What's a bigger concern right now - drugs or cigarettes?

I think I'm really on to something with my Ween setlist theory. I saw the 9:30 list before Atlantic City but it bears out similarly. Interestingly Final Alarm is played about where springtheme might have been both of which are bustouts for the ultra-fans and if I'm not mistaken both Claude tunes at least one of which is from his band Amandla's repertoire. Fuckity fuck I can't believe how hot these guys are just to look at on paper from a distance. And Big Jilm, fuggedaboutit. Where'd the motherfuggin' Jilm go at bitch.