Jambands.ca

Roll Call: North Mississppi All Stars @ Lee's Palace

deranger

Man Jaimoe, I tell you he really is an all around sick-good guitar player. You're right though, his lead playing is amazing and has improved over the last few years. I wonder if its like that now cause he has do without Dwayne. he has a wicked ability to be say a lot and still be really tasteful in his playing. Its like the guy just doesn't run out of ideas when soloing. Also, the older songs did sound more punchy, like the overall mix was turned way up on those last few tunes. good times....

I walked in a little after 11 (they were doing a tune from the new record, followed by the washboard solo). It was a good show; I'd see them again, but it didn't measure up to the first few times I saw them. They're still a great band, I just need to hear a fuller sound. Now that they're a trio again, I feel like Chew has to be about twice as agressive in his bass playing. He's a great musician, just needs to hammer down that low end.

I saw Shainhouse and Jaydawg, but didn't get to meet any of the esteemed out-of-towners, most specifically StnMtn! I was looking around for you dude, but couldn't see you. I hung around a bit afterwards but to no avail. Another time, perhaps...my arm might be twisted into see Soulive at the Elmo after my show Saturday night. We'll see.

Did anyone grab the new album? I have the first three, but was unimpressed with the new sound on Polaris. Was wondering whether the new album is back to the roots or a continuation of the new experimental sound on Polaris. Also wondering whether the (I think) new tune prior to Cody's washboard solo is on the new album. I ran out of money to get it, but I may have to pick it up one of these days.

Great time last night! Jaimoe is an awesome guy. Jaydawg was very friendly, although we didn't really hang. It was great seeing Carstairs again too, even though he and I then took an epic trip zigzagging our way through Toronto, in an aimless adventure...

I loved the show, musically. In my opinion it was as good or better than the last couple times I saw them.

Reverend, I would've loved to meet you. I was only a few people behind Jaydawg. You may have been one of those people?

Come to Franti or Soulive! Seriously!

Watch for the guy with the wrist brace on my left hand. That's how Jaimoe found me.

Lookin' forward to Saturday; woo hoo!

The wrist brace! I forgot to look for it. Well I'll do my best to get to Soulive, but after the first show last night I have a feeling I'm going to be DESTROYED by the time we're done on Saturday. Queen's Players Toronto was founded upon onstage drinking; the audience just keeps passing drinks onto the stage.

As for the new record: it's a return to the roots sound-wise, but I find the songwriting extremely lacking. That new tune is on it. I find the record generally disappointing on the whole, though in a different way from Polaris.