Jambands.ca

Roll Call: North Mississppi All Stars @ Lee's Palace

deranger

OK, who's with me? time to shake hands with shorty et all. Looking forward to another ass kicker at Lee's.

Possible highlight: watching Cody play the drums with one hand and rhythm organ with the other! Take that Carter Beauford!! And of course, ye old washboard solo....

so who's down?

Edited by Guest

Nice Jaimoe!

In case you didn't see this point in another thread, you can spot me at the show by looking for the guy wearing a wrist/thumb brace on my left hand. (Ya, I'm a dumbass; who got a little over-zealous on my snowboard the first weekend that Blackcomb Mountain opened.)

I look forward to meeting you. You too; deranger!

10:15?? Shit. Last time they were in town they were on at midnight.

Well I'm playing at the Tranzac tomorrow night with the Queen's Players show, show starts at 7, hope to be out of there by 11 (it's just a press preview, but we're running through the whole show). The Tranzac is a block from Lee's, so I'll shoot over there soon as I'm done. I'll look out for you, StnMtn.

Hot damn them brothers put on a hell of a good show. Had a great time as always, started off kinda slow but picked up quickly. As a trio, the band sounds a little more sparse, but they can still kick it. By the end, the crowd was moving and shakin' and I hope the band felt it worthwhile to come up to old TO. Chris Chew had to ask the crowd for love for the journey up there, not realizing the TO crowd mentality of trying to be as quiet as possible. But it worked and we whooped and shouted and danced. Got to work 2 hours late, thank you Captain Morgan. Tonight we do it all over again at Grand Theft Bus!!

A solid show. One thing that jumps to mind while watching the band jam out on every song: Luther's standard lead playing is getting almost as good as his slide.

Also, their original tunes sound good live, but the covers from Shake Hands With Shorty are far better songs and really put a jolt through the audience when performed.