Jambands.ca

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

can-o-phish

For those of you who haven't seen this flick, IMHO, it's worth the rental price if you didn't catch it in the theatres. Depp delivers a side-splitting twisted take on Willy Wonka, the soundtrack is hilarious and Tim Burton delivers beautifully as he always does when putting his spin on the books and movies that influenced his passion for film making...

Burton + Depp = Magic :P

I thought this movie was a terrible disappointment. Good thing I saw it at the drive in and was able to smoke and drink my way through. A couple of the musical sequences were OK but the whole shift in focus to Wonka rather than Charlie just didn't work for me.

There was lead up to a GG elevator sequel as well.

Good thing I saw it at the drive in and was able to smoke and drink my way through.

That's how I felt about the Corpse Bride. And Dukes of Hazzard (double feature).

I absolutely LOVED the new Charlie. Maybe even more than the old one. Gene Wilder's creepy Wonka just isn't as funny as Johnny Depp's. I like the weird-childlike Depp better than the tripping out weird Wilder. The only thing that I missed from the old movie was the Oompa Loompa songs. They are definetly better in the older movie.

I think I'm going to buy the dvd as soon as blockbuster is selling its previously viewed copies.

The only thing that I missed from the old movie was the Oompa Loompa songs. They are definetly better in the older movie.

I think I'm going to buy the dvd as soon as blockbuster is selling its previously viewed copies.

I know!!! I was waiting for The Oompa Loompa Song through the whole movie...that I missed :(

Mike Teavee: Who wants a beard?

Willy Wonka: Well, beatniks for one, folk singers and motorbike riders. Y'know. All those hip, jazzy, super cool, neat, keen, and groovy cats. It's in the fridge, daddy-o! Are you hip to the jive? Can you dig what I'm layin' down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother!

we saw in theatres and left saying "meh"

Gene Wilder please, motherfuckers

in a world of pure imagination...

Once again, you really shouldn't mumble, 'cause it's really starting to bum me out!

I liked it! especially the tim burton feel. charlies house is perfect

Charlie's house is awesome...so Tim Burton; slanted house with a bent chimney in his classic style...