Jambands.ca

Walk The Line

AD

But Pheonix as Cash? Nope not buying it at all :(

Hand-picked by Johnny himself. Maybe not a perfect pick, but I'm trying to think who else could have pulled it off.

Good points though. I don't know about the 're-skinning of 'Ray'' though. They both lived kinda the same lives, it's not like it was plagiarised or anything. Originally Walk the Line was scheduled to be finished and released before Ray was written, if i remember correctly.

AD

Originally Walk the Line was scheduled to be finished and released before Ray was written, if i remember correctly.

That's interesting... Usually Hollywood does two at a time, one copies the other and is not as good. Hmmmm which was better Ray or Walk the Line?

I get what your saying though, they had similar elements to their lives. But both movies could have focused on so many things, and both sort of chose the same paths.

But hey, I'm no film maker... I'm happy at least that Cash was able to give his thumbs up to this film anyway.

I still haven't seen Ray, it would be interesting to compare the two for sure.

Agreed that they could have focussed on other things. But a love story is always good too.

Has the Keith Moon movie started shooting yet? That will definitely be interesting.

AD

Pheonix as Cash was brilliant...imo.

I agree. His posture on stage was perfect, and his voice exceptional. And I'll be replaying that scene at the Opry where he kicks out the lights and then passes out in my head for months.

Apparently he'd never handled a guitar before taking this on, too, and neither he nor Reese Witherspoon had ever sung in public.