Jambands.ca

...::: Acoustic Super-Jam @ el MO - Wednesday, Dec. 28th :::...

Jay Funk Dawg

IMG_2964.jpg

ACOUSTIC SUPERJAM

WEDNESDAY, DEC. 28th

El Mocambo

464 Spadina Ave.

Toronto, ON

www.elmocambo.com

www.cautionjam.com

www.fat-cats.com

9:00 Doors

10:00 Show

$8 with food donation

$10 at the door

Just in the middle of the Christmas and New Year's Eve holidays. It's a Canadian improvisational acoustic super-band featuring members of Southern Ontario's top touring acts; Caution Jam, The Fat Cats, Diesel Dog and more...

The line-up is as follows:

Mark Crissinger (Caution Jam) - Guitar

Todd Gillies (Fat Cats) - Guitar

Dave Hill (Fat Cats) - Bass

Ricky Neu (Diesel Dog) - Percussion

Toronto special guest include:

Jay Cleary (High Plains Drifter)

and more to be annouced....

for more info email: jay.cleary@gmail.com

Fat Cats

Begun in 1993 in Hamilton, Ontario, the Fat Cats have changed personnel numerous times throughout the years, but their style, dedication to the scene, and sonic intensity has never wavered since their inception. Built on the solid foundation of Todd Gillies on guitar and lead vocals, Chris Gatchene on guitar and vocals, and Dave Hill on bass, the band has re-created their timeless originals and tasteful covers with many different singers, drummers, and keyboard players over the years while touring Canada and the United States and releasing two fantastic albums, Daredevil and Cruelty's Cure in the process.

Caution Jam

The Caution Jam phenomenon began sometime in 1991 when bass player Les and guitarist Eric Fefferman teamed up to form a variety act based mostly in North American classic folk and blues. As time went on, however, the acoustic duo began welcoming new members into the fold: Mark Crissinger on guitars and vocals, Bruce Griffin on keys, and Bruce Brooker on drums. Thus, defining their own sound through the poetry of the Grateful Dead. Between events, the guys play shows up and down the Trans-Canada all year long. They’ve toured the east coast eight times now and are always in and out of the Toronto circuit, playing gigs at Comfort Zone, Grossman’s Tavern and Jeff Healey’s bar— to name a few. According to the band, they get warm receptions in all places from Windsor to Collingwood, and Fredericton to Antigonish.

Well Todd and I have been discussing the idea of a percussive acoustic band for some time... so xmas time seemed like an open window.. Adam and Dave have played together often so it was a no brainer.. The songs we are working out are loads of fun.. so this should feel folky but dancable given the rythmn section.. good vibes this night for sure as we have all been friends for a long time.. looking forward to pepper jacks gig as well on the 23rd..

• 2 weeks later...

That was an amaizing jam!!

the Acoustic Fat Cat/Caution Jam combination was stellar... I wish I wrote down the set list, some gems...

I remember The Wheel, Sitting in Limbo, Brown Eyed-Women...

thanks to Adam King (congas), Mark Chrissenger (guitar) and Tony Rage (acoustic bass) for backing me up on with my High Plains Drifter opening set... Cape Fef also were great; these guys have some great originals songs!

~See ya all in 2006~