TimmyB

ATG AND RMS PRESENTS

IRON AND WINE

& CALEXICO (3 SETS)

THE DOCKS - 11 POLSON ST

LEGAL AGE 19 YRS

FRI DEC 9, 2005 DRS 8PM

GENERAL ADMISSION CA $25.00

EACH BAND WILL PLAY A FULL SET AND THEN A FINAL SET AS ONE SUPER-GROUP, PERFORMING SONGS FROM THE CD "IN THE REINS".

I know shainhouse would love to go to this show, but can not due to an exam the following day. Anyone else interested in going to this gig?

I'll be there.

Tim

Good show Cully,

Well I can speak for Calexico as I have been listening to them since 1998 and seeing them live since 1999.

Calexico is a two man band fronted by guitarist/bassist/keyboardist/vocalist Joey Burns and drummer John Convertino. The two started as the rhythm section for Howie Gelb in his band Giant Sand that was formed in Tucson, Arizona in 1990.

Joey and John started Calexico in 1997 recording most of their debut album 'Spoke' as a duo. Their sound is that of a combination of alt. country rock, surf, mexicali music.

They have had the same touring band for years now with two Germans Martin Wenk (trumpet, vibes, acoustic guitar) and Volker Zander (upright bass) as well as Americans Paul Nielhaus (pedal steel, acoustic guitar) and Jacob Valenzuela (trumpet, vibes).

Joey Burns has become a very good front man, their music that initially started out with half their material being instrumentals, but now nearly all the songs have his provocative and storytelling lyrics in them.

Tim

Edited by Guest

This will be a sweet show to see! Iron & Wine is just one guy, this guy from Florida. He writes very sweet mellow acoustic heart wrenching songs. The EP with Calexico has some real gems on it too. I wish I was around for this one! Have fun, and I'd love to hear how it goes.

I'll be there with a big group...should be fun, my second time at the docks in a span of a month, Ratdog was sweet wasnt it?

Iron and Wine and Calexico gonna be good, anyone know what time the show starts? and which band is going on first?

The ticket says:

IRON & WINE

& CALEXICO (3 SETS)

THE DOCKS - 11 POLSON ST

LEGAL AGE 19 YRS

FRI DEC 9, 2005 DRS 8PM

So by that I would take that Calexico is on first. Which means I will be there early as I have no idea when Calexico will be getting on, though I assume it will not be too late as the two acts will be playing material from their recent EP 'In the Reins' at the end of the gig.

Tim

i dunno, they can probably go later, regardless - that EP isnt even a half hour long, so even if they played all the tunes on it, thats like what, an encore?

anyhow, i am FUCKING EXCITED for this show!!!! and hopefully some Rheostatics action afterwards, ta boot!

saddle up!!

Hey this may be a little late for people, but I just called the Docks here's the sked:

Calexico on at roughly 840

Iron and Wine on at roughly 930

Some guy (me thinks its one of the guys from Calexico) is doing a short set between Iron and Wine and supergroup

Iron and Wine and Calexico comes on at roughly 1030

see ya'll there