Jambands.ca

Map question for AD and others in Ottawa area

Calamity Jane

anyone know where we can get a map of all the backroads/country roads of the area, say between Ottawa and Smiths Falls?

We have a map of all the little outlying villages, including our own (from the MapArt company, I think) but what it's missing is how to get from one little village to the next.

...And the Ontario road map doesn't show, let alone label, the small roads we want to know about.

So we need something in the middle, but search as I have, I haven't found what we need.

For example, I'd like to know how to get to Richmond via North Gower, without going through Manotick, or how to take back roads to Carleton Place.

can anyone help?

I nearly did backflips at the gas station between Carp and Allmonte awhile back when I saw Grand mcnalley(i think it was GM) has put out a book-map of all the back country roads and the obscure little places that aren't on the regular maps.

Looked like a book of pure gold to me.

If you find it online and it looks like what you want....I can pick one up for you as I 've been meaning to get it myself anyways.

oops...edit to add...looks like the net hasn't been much help to you....mabey I'll grab mine in the next few days and let ya know whats in it...then if you want one....

Edited by Guest

Hey all -- a big thanks for the efforts & info

So Juls....if that Backroads Mapbook looks good to you, could you pick it up for us? I followed the link to the Chapters site, but there's not a lot of extra info given. As long as there are pages for Osgoode and environs, it's all good.

I do use GoogleMaps, etc when I think to plan in advance. But I really want something to keep in the car, so that when I drive past 4th Line or Boundary Road, thinking "I wonder where that'd take me?" I can find out without losing tons of time backtracking when my wonky sense of direction has misled me.

Juls, we can exchange cash for maps on NYE, k?