Jambands.ca

Favourite Cult TV Shows?

Jaimoe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sliders - was that too popular?

Small world - or something like that, with Vicky the robot...

3-2-1 Contact - remember the bloodhound gang.

The Charmings - Snow White and Prince Charming fell asleep in the Enchanted Forest... they woke up in Burbank! They try to fit in with regular society.

The snorks - Think under water smurfs.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

[QB]Does anyone remember NBC's " Sunday Night ", with Squeeze's Jools Holland and jazz sax great David Sanborn? Sunday Night was one of the best music jam programs of all time.

oh yeah! great show, I wish someone would re-run it. I recall a fantastic closing number with John Cale, Richard Thomson and Shawn Colvin performing Cale's version of "Heartbreak Hotel". Weir/Wasserman made an appearance, and there's a classic leonard Cohen moment where he takes the studio stage by sauntering down a staircase, impeccably dressed with a babe on each arm!

I beleive Sonny Rollins was on that episode as well.

I wish someone would do an update on that format. They had three or so acts, all different genres, would all come out and do one tune each, and at the end they'd all collaborate on one song.

Anyway, to add to the thread, how about "Maniac Mansion"?!? Now that show was whacked! [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Phred:

Small world
- or something like that, with Vicky the robot...

I believe the steaming pile of bat guano to which you refer was called Small Wonder. I was going to start a "Worst TV Shows" topic and put this at the top of the list.

As you so eloquently put it, "EEEEWWWWW".

Aloha,

Brad

Archived