Favourite Cult TV Shows?

Jaimoe

very young

one show

showed me the scary light

one show on channel 2 Ontario with Heather Conkey

that show was ....

READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

hint: the one with the talking computer named Theta and the typewriter named Otto who lived in the coach-house and challenged the fearfull Doneedun from Trai-alvoron

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to reinforce something that Esau said...Hilarious house of Frightenstein deserves monumental cult status.It was so f'ing wierd, and I remember it was on at like 6:30 in the morning. Of course you're awake and watching cartoons at that time when you're a kid.

The big fat green guy, the frankenstein in the background who was always looking at you, and the Wolfman, who used to play a classic 60's or 70's song and dance in front of a psychedelic background...acid anyone?

One of the favourites of my youth, which I count as cult even though it was very popular during its original run in the '50s was Maverick. The original season(s) with James Garner were the best, then Jack Kelly; the final ones with Roger Moore (as cousing Beau Maverick from England, IIRC) were semi-OK.

I actually have a copy of "Poker According To Maverick" at home, a hand-me-down from my Dad*, who actually reminds me a lot of Garner.

-

Aloha,

Brad

* In the current context, that should probably be "My Pappy"...

Don McKellar's "Twitch City" (only 6 amazing episodes, based in Kensington Market, about a guy who's a TV junkie and never gets out of his robe or leaves the apartment, but rents out every room and closet in his place to a revolving circle of freaks)

"SOAP" (perhaps too popular, but I sure wish someone would run it again)

"Black Adder" (same as above)

'Police Squad' with Leslie Nielson. It was only on for one or two seasons in the mid-eighties and was some of the funniest T.V. ever.

'Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman'. Sure it was a ratings grabber, but most people who watched it didn't realize it was a really dark comedy.

good topic!

Archived