Jambands.ca

Think you have a tough job?

Dr. J

Paper boy assaulted

Brockville police have charged a 56-year-old city man with assault after a young Recorder and Times paper carrier was grabbed by the throat Saturday morning.

Inspector Adrian Geraghty said police were called just before noon about the incident, which occurred on Glenn Wood Place.

Police did not have further details this morning, but Recorder and Times circulation manager Steve Clark said a customer was upset his paper didn't arrive on time.

"He picked the carrier up by the throat," said Clark, adding, "The kid's pretty shook up, rightfully so."

The paper was delivered around 10 a.m.

"He was running a little late Saturday morning but certainly it's not cause for a customer assaulting him," Clark said.

The youth has been a carrier for about a year and will deliver papers today with his father, said Clark.

Police did not release the name of the accused.

* Published in Section b, page 7 in the Monday, January 9, 2006 edition of the Brockville Recorder & Times.

When I was about 14 I delivered papers for my buddy when he went on vacation. Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I was running late and when I got to the church I was met by a very drunk Father Murphy(10 am). He yeld and screamed about his paper being late, I tried to apologise and he got louder so I told him to fuck off. He grabbed for me(no doubt so he could take me down to his chamber of scecrets and show me his tootsie roll) so I threw the paper at him. Later that night I returned and pissed in his foyer.

I've been threatened by people in advance of cross examining them at examinations for discovery.

I don't put up with it, and politely explain my remedy if the assault were to occur, and I see no reason a paper boy should put up with it, either.

I'd sue this hot-head as a result of tortious assault in a second.

I always look forward to a new term to scope out which students are most likely to turn into skanky-ass bastards for not doing their work and then wanting to take it out on me for letting them know as much. So far Algonquin doesn't yet seem as bad as U of T, but we'll see.

At least this ain't Utah, where the state tried allowing concealed handguns on campus (yes, that's right - the university, bless their hearts, fought it, for some weird reason).

I always look forward to a new term to scope out which students are most likely to turn into skanky-ass bastards for not doing their work and then wanting to take it out on me for letting them know as much. So far Algonquin doesn't yet seem as bad as U of T, but we'll see.

just be glad you're not at western.