Jambands.ca

Contact Lenses

SevenSeasJim

i worked at an optometrist's office for a couple of months. there are a zillion different types of lenses out there. your optometrist should be willing to do "contact lense trials" until you find the type that work for you. the office i worked at got tons of free samples all the time. although, being in parry sound you might have trouble finding a larger office or one that specializes in lenses.

I have to second the recommendation for glasses. Maybe it's time to give your eyesballes a break for awhile. Who knows, you just might come across as more wise and/or respectable, possibly even funky, with glasses...you're too old to be worrying about cool, anyway*

* at least this is what I tell myself

Oh I wear glasses all the time, but use contacts for sports. I have focus daily's but they don't feel comfortable past an hour unless it's raining out.

Contacts are not too good for your eyes. Over-wearing any type of lense could lead to permanent eye problems.

As for laser surgery as an alternative, it isn't a perfect science either. If you are prone to dry eyes, DO NOT GET laser surgery. Also, there is a percentage of laser surgery patients that experience various forms of setbacks.