Jambands.ca

my new mac

fluffhead77

hey fluffhead....are you using iChat?

I've got the iMac that came out in October. It came with iLife 2005 and was upgraded from previous iMacs. Then the intel version came out and the only thing that pissed me off was the fact that it came with a mucho enhanced version of iLife...verision 2006. Long story short, I upgraded iLife and I'm loving the new software. Garageband is sheetloads better with the podcasting additions.

anyway...i'm dying to get some iChats going!

garageband has a very intuitive interface...mind you, you do have to at least get a little push to understand it.

one of the coolest things you can buy for your mac, as a musician, is an audio interface. I got an M-Audio Firewire 410 and I can plug 2 mics/guitars and midi all at the same time and have 2 headphones plugged in as well. This all works great with Garageband.

however, once you get a taste of Logic Express, you'll really start shitting bricks. Then there's Pro Tools, which I hear is the be-all and end-all of audio apps.

I'm starting to think that there should be a mac forum here for exchanging mac links, tips and knowledge for us newb! Now that gets me thinking that there should be a GEEK category that holds forums like GAMEHENGE and MAC.

I've got a great link to www.ehmac.ca but it's too busy! I can't get one friggin answer.

hey smoothy, don't let the newness of the mac OS and the "i aldready know tons about pc's" thing keep you off the mac train. they're wicked. i'll never buy another pc ever again. sure i can get a kick as laptop from dell for 1-1.5G's but i'll spend the extra coin to never have to worry about anything or put any bullspit geek effort into downloading codecs and drivers and this thingamajiggy and that the way i do with my pc now.

have you ever seen new mod furniture that is sleek and sexy and COMPLETELY functional in every way? there's nothing there that doesn't need to be there and it still is amazing and looks great? if a mac were furniture, that's what kind a mac would be. hell, when jay and i lived together the mac we had looked like art with a keyboard on our coffee table.