Jambands.ca

Wayne

livingstoned

This story claims

Gretzky, coach and part-owner of the Coyotes, was recorded on a wiretap talking to the alleged financier of a gambling ring, discussing how the hockey great's wife could avoid being connected to the operation, a person with knowledge of the investigation told The Associated Press.

but

[Janet] Jones [Gretzky's wife] has not been charged, although she may be called as a witness before a New Jersey grand jury, said her spokesman, Elliot Mintz.

"Janet is merely one of a number of witnesses" Mintz said in a statement. "There is no allegation whatsoever that Janet has violated any law."

Aloha,

Brad

pardon me I don't 'do' sports other than the odd recreational organized activity....so I forgot there was a sports fourm.

anyhoo feel free to move this over there but to add before we go....

He originally said I knew nothing...now he maintains without retracting - but rather moving his words over to "I am NOT involved" now Janet bet over 1.5 million dollars in the last 6 weeks however if you compare that to the regular joe income that's like your spouse spending a grand or a couple in 6 weeks..based on a combined income of 100K a year roughly....so its not impossible for him to not know this...plus they don't manage their own money. it's not like he's sitting at home balancing their cheque book.

He apparently was caught in the wire tap this past monday - obviously the heat was on and they new it. But she and he maintains as well as other nhl players that Wayne has never bet on sports ever aside from a horse race or two in his life.....

I believe that....he knew about her betting but if she's got a gambling problem then he's probalby washed his hands of trying to stop her looong before this particular illegal ring ever started.

anyhoo I feel bad and believe he is 'not involved' the only problem is since he began this week with "I knew nothing about it" and it comes out that he did know and then he says ok but I never bet...many won't believe him.

Edited by Guest
too dependant on spell check - no longer know how..

I just saw him on TV in denial mode. He basically said fuck off and ask these question to someone who knows what the hell it's all about, it ain't me.

Then I saw him mouth "Damn, this means I can't place any bets on figure skating at the Olympics this time. It's getting so much harder these days to put the squeeze on those figure skating judges. Remember the good old days Janet, oh hey Janet take it easy on that eh, save some of it for me for Christ's sake, how 'bout cutting me out a line? I hope Rick got us some good stuff this time."

All those years you thought Wayne was using smelling salts on the bench, turns out it was a much "finer" powder. No wonder he scored so many goals. :o with that big honker of his.

I think we should start a betting ring in the Jambands community. We could arrange it to have lead guitarists throw solos, pay drummers off to miss beats, strong arm singers into forgetting lyrics... The possibilities are endless.

Think off the fortunes to be made!!!

We actually came up with a kind of "Jamband Survivor" thing once: you put a whole bunch of jamband musicians on stage, and let 'em jam it out. After each jam, one member is selected (either by the audience, or by the people on stage) to have to leave the stage. Add betting to the mix, and having to change odds and make decisions between jams, it'd be like betting on a sports event during the game.

Aloha,

Brad

We actually came up with a kind of "Jamband Survivor" thing once: you put a whole bunch of jamband musicians on stage, and let 'em jam it out. After each jam, one member is selected (either by the audience, or by the people on stage) to have to leave the stage. Add betting to the mix, and having to change odds and make decisions between jams, it'd be like betting on a sports event during the game.

Aloha,

Brad

Brad I think this is a killer idea! Let me be the first to volenteer on guitar and effects! I will through all my weight behind this. Let the games begin.

Edited by Guest

I think it would be an amazing thing to have, say, in the middle of a jambands.ca FUNdraiser kind of thing. You have a couple of good bands either side of it, put several musicians on stage, out-surviroring each other out, with betting (maybe funny money? everybody gets $20 in funny money coming, and they bet it to get more; after the survivor thing is over, donated prizes are auctioned off for the funny money) and everything.

Aloha,

Brad