Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL: Nero @B Sides (Bones look inside)

PassedOutGuy

Just wonderin whose all comin out to the MMW afterparty tomorrow night?

Bones you comin down? I ve got a place for you and I to crash at Stefen's... Chris also invited us over in the aftrenoon for beerskis if ya want... ive left you a message on you cell or call me tonight at 905 571 6874..

I'm going to the Jays game Wednesday, but I'll definitely mosey on over to B-Sides for my first Nero show in months - girlfriend pending. So I'm guessing B-Sides is above Fez Batik ( Peter & Richmond )? I'm looking forward to kickin' out the jams after another Blue Jays' victory! See you there - girlfriend pending.

Me and a contingent from Caledonia are coming... good to hear you'll be coming up Velvet, I almost forgot you were doing the MMW tour... should be a good one for sure, I ended up getting both Wednesday and Thursday off, looks like there's gonna be trouble!

Hah-hah, I'm getting in for free due to the first of my two ticket wins this week! [big Grin] I won the freebies on www.jamaholic.com - thanks again CyberHippie!

Okay, so I've got a question - I'm looking for something free or extremely cheap to do between probably 9 or 10ish (after the C'est What Wheat Beer Tasting and the nero show 'cus I'm not going to MMW due to lack of funds on the second last day before pay-day. [Frown]

So anyway, I was thinking about some blues or jazz as part of the festival - I'm looking at either the the Mike McDonald Jam at Grossman's (this one's FREE which helps!) or Jerome Godboo & The Queen St. Blues Band (Godboo's the smokin' former singer/harp player from The Phantoms, haven't seen him for years - although I doubt this show is free but it's sure to be fun!)

So there's those, any other recommendations for, say, sub-8 dollar pre-nero musical options tonight? Doesn't have to be jazz or blues, I was just thinking those 'cus of the fest.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Yup!! MMW and Nero, no better way to spend a wednesday. For those with no cash for MMW, still go to the show. The back side of the tent is all open so you can hear and see the show for free. There are always people, young and old checking out main stage action for free. Also, becuase the washrooms are located outside of the tent, they have to allow re-entry, which means if you know people with tickets a little stub-in action is possible. I did that last time the played there, b/c I was super broke. I have cash this time so i bought a ticket. Either way, come on down and boogie to this show.

A great show Wednesday, nero. My first nero show in 5 months! It was nice to talk to Velvet, Pablo Sanchez ( briefly ), P.E.I. Punk and Mr. Musicface again ( I haven't seen Mr. Musicface since graduation in 1994 ).

My first impression of this 2003 version of nero is that they sounded heavier, with a hard-rock type edge. I liked it. I also enjoyed the funk riffs that Pablo periodically layed-down throughout the night. Monkey's drums sounded really heavy - and they are nice new Canadian-made drums. The Punk grinned liked a butcher's dog while putting down some serious bass-lines. All and all, the nero I saw at B-Sides Wednesday is a nero at the top of their game. Keep evolving boys!

Archived