Jambands.ca

Cover Songs: And The Bands You'd Like To See Play Them

AcidNintendoOrgan

hey greg! if you look at this thread, I want you to know that we do yea heavy and a bottle a bread now. I think you're the only person that would appreciate that.

Right on. I look forward to hearing that! Thanks for the heads up. :cool:

I'd love to see the Fat Cats to play some Allmans Bros.. like Blue Sky or somethin' old skool

Fat Cats - Blue Sky - 1993-08-01 mp3

Archive link

the talking heads crosseyed and painless... great obscrue cover' date=' love that song...[/quote']

'Crosseyed and Painless' is hardly obscure.

I don't think Crosseyed and Painless is a cover.. the writing credits go to David Byrne and Brian Eno (as well as Franz, Harrison and Weymouth.. but we all know it was really just Byrne and Eno)

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have to concur with the Babylon Sisters by Euclid, with Umph doing killer covers including YYZ, with Crosseyed not being the least bit obscure, with the Lips 'spoonful weighs a ton' par biscuits as a sweet call (see also Fight Test!!! - the slip did it once, or Waiting For Superman). Generally people are ignorant and hardly inventive when it comes to covers... there is just so so much out there and the tradition of the Dead and Phish have left us with an enduring legacy that a cover can be treated as an homage while being simultaneously gutted and rendered as a newly interpreted groove.

Umphrey's McGee does a mean YYZ (they also cover songs better than any band I have heard, amazing stuff!!)

I agree. Ive heard a bunch of bands try to do Baba O reilly and just butcher it, but not Umphry's. Also, Ive been listening to Braindamaged Eggmen a lot lately, and the BEatles covers are awesome. Particularily Norwiegan wood.

and the Beatles covers are awesome. Particularily Norwiegan wood.

The New Brunswick blues duo Issac & Blewitt do the best Norwegian Wood I've ever heard.

Recipe from a Small Planet opened with a killer Tom Sawyer a couple of New Years ago, I'd like to here someone bust out a YYZ.

Rush fans unite.....

I'd like to hear Jon Spencer Blues Explosion cover Tom Sawyer. And I'd like to hear Tool cover any Rush song.